This is a discussion on Which belly band... Active Pro Gear or DeSantis? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Active Pro Gear $32 shipped from Kahr (better picture from Active Pro Gear website): Defender Gun Concealment Holsters DeSantis Belly Band $32 shipped from Midway: ...
Active Pro Gear $32 shipped from Kahr (better picture from Active Pro Gear website): Defender Gun Concealment Holsters
DeSantis Belly Band $32 shipped from Midway: Belly Band Holster Small Medium Frame Semi Automatic Revolver 30 to 34 Waist Elastic Tan
I have not seen or handled these and would appreciate your opinions. Seems the reviews that I can find are about the same.
Will be for a PM9 and Glock 26.
I looked at:
- Galco's Underwraps Belly Band $55, but too many pockets: Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters
- GunnersSecurity $23, but only one pocket: Belly Band | | Gunner Security
- NRA Classic looked ok for $30, but mag pocket is too close to gun and they appear to rub: http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...?p=SA+329&ct=e
- Gould & Goodrich Body Guard, $50 seemed over priced, and didn't have my gun: Gould & Goodrich | Other Concealment Holsters | The Body Guard
- I really liked the people at Pistol Wear, and considered the PT-2 and Trump Card, but not quite right for me: http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...?p=SA+329&ct=e
Got it narrowed down to DeSantis or Active Pro Gear, but they are so similar, and cost the same. Hoping someone had first had experience with one or both.
heres one 17.90 free shipping EBay (there are others) sizes run a little tight
Belly Band Concealment Gun Holster LARGE WAIST- 35-40" | eBay
I carry every day with one glock 23 and now a g26, extra mag. the thing with a bb holster it you can make changes to it with a needle and thread. I don't care for the ones with the hard plastic plates, they pinch when you sit down. if you want to wear it loose; use suspenders under your shirt and attach them to the bb but I have never had a need for them
Thank you, barstoolguru,
The price is right. Bit hard to see in the photo, but you like it, so I'll consider it. It has two pockets, which I wanted.
And it says, "4 inch wide band of fine knit surgical elastic" (and no hard plates) which sounds comfortable.
#1 choice is Galcos underwrap.
My first belly band was black and you could see it through any light colored tee shirt or golf shirt. NOT a good thing for concealed carry and my wife noticed it immediately.
Get one that is flesh colored.
"Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"
UNDERWRAPS BELLY BAND
Guess now the Galco is my first choice. More pockets can't be bad.
I use Galco Belly Band. More pockets means more guns :)
You might also like Smartcarry.
Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776
Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
-Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95
I looked at the SmartCarry awhile ago: http://smartcarry.com/
but settled on a DeSantis Hot-Jox, (pictured here because it's a better picture): DeSantis Hot Jox /Thunderwaer Inside The Waist Band R77 on eBay!
but I just bought it at Midway: Hot-Jox Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand Medium Compact Frame Semi-Automatics Nylon Black
It's in the mail so I haven't tried it yet. I think I will be using it mostly around the house, when I'm in gym clothes.