remora remorse! - Page 4

remora remorse!

This is a discussion on remora remorse! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mississipvol Would a Remora holster work with a LC9 in a big front pocket? Or is it really only workable for IWB? ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: remora remorse!

Quote Originally Posted by Mississipvol View Post
    Would a Remora holster work with a LC9 in a big front pocket? Or is it really only workable for IWB?
    - A lot of people use the Remora as a pocket holster. I'm not a big fan of the Remora as a pocket holster since it's little thicker than I would like. I usually use a kydex holster for pocket carry.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I enjoy my remora (no extras) very much. I admit it is bigger than it could be but I don't mind that for my glock 26. I feel its sturdy trigger protection in my hip since I carry all my guns condition 0. It lives in that holster. Weather on my hip, in a sack, or in my car glove box. For my ruger lcp, however, i have the desantis superfly because it is a little thinner (not really but it feels like it) and slimmer. I dont mind the slight reduction of "sturdiness" because of the long trigger.

If you want a thin remora type holster, take a look at the desantis series. Both good holsters and serve a variety of purposes besides simple IWB.

My only knock on the Remora is all that IMO unneeded extra material at the bottom. Wish they were open at the end like a Nemesis so the gun could sit down farther. That extra length keeps me from using it in certain jeans when it's being used in the pocket.

Heres a quick photo case anyone wanted to compare. I know these arent the same models but you get the idea.

Attached Images

+1, I love mine and plan on getting one for all my pistols. My first was for my Beretta Nano and it is the perfect fit, both in the pocket and IWB. Now I need one for my spare mag.

I received my Remora Series 6 with standard sweat shield for my 9c on Monday. I was very skeptical at first but after trying it out for 2 1/2 days I was pleasantly surprised at how well it stays in place once it is on. It is just what I needed for summer carry when I don't want to use my primary holster which is a Max Tuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by lordj View Post
    My only knock on the Remora is all that IMO unneeded extra material at the bottom. Wish they were open at the end like a Nemesis so the gun could sit down farther. That extra length keeps me from using it in certain jeans when it's being used in the pocket.
    I cut the stitching where the barrel goes along the bottom. Now the gun will go 1/2" lower. Try it, the stitching is so strong that it does not tear further than what I cut.

Ordered a Series 10 that came today; just to find that I ordered a lefty instead of a rightie!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchy wilson View Post
    Ordered a Series 10 that came today; just to find that I ordered a lefty instead of a rightie!
    Just call them up, or email them, and they'll exchange it for the right one. In fact, you wouldn't even need to contact them. Just send it back with a note and they'll exchange it. They have very good customer service and satisfaction guarantee.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordj View Post
    One of the things I really like about Remoras is how easy it is to adjust them to perfectly match your specific needs. I've had a couple modified at the local shoemaker shop for a less than $10 per project. With the low initial price, even and extra $10 gets you into a holster that's exactly to your liking. Here's a before and after shot of a Remora model I had modified from IWB/Front Pocket, to a back pocket holster.

Before:

After:

Attached Images
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Thanks guys for loving your Remora. I love mine too.

Vv
    Indiana Remora Holster Representative

I wore mine on a two day drive from home (Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area) to Orlando, FL. And back. I wore, as usual this time of year, jean shorts and with it tucked down inside and carrying my CZ82, even for a 12+ hour drive per day it never became uncomfortable. The model I have is the Series 7 with the full sweat shield. I never wear an undershirt and never felt that the contact with the material against my skin was uncomfortable. I'm still experimenting with the best position and it looks like 3 o'clock is going to be the best for my body build. Time will tell if that is my final decision for a position.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

I have been carrying my M&P 9c in my Remora for almost 2 weeks now and am very impressed at how well it is working, when I put it on that is where it stays all day, I believe it will be my EDC holster during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Any feedback on the Remora with "heftier" pistols? I've got a Hi Power and a steel frame Commander that I'd like to carry IWB, and I'm thinking the Remora with the reinforced top and sweat shield might fill the bill...but almost every review I've read is for smaller, lighter pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyBucket View Post
    Any feedback on the Remora with "heftier" pistols? I've got a Hi Power and a steel frame Commander that I'd like to carry IWB, and I'm thinking the Remora with the reinforced top and sweat shield might fill the bill...but almost every review I've read is for smaller, lighter pistols.
    My brother has one for his full size 1911. Loves it. Dude if you hate it I'm sure you can get a refund but then again its like $25. Win in my opinion

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links