remora remorse! - Page 6

remora remorse!

This is a discussion on remora remorse! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried this. On my truck (f250) the space is to wide :( I'm driving a Jeep Wrangler. I'll report back....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: remora remorse!

I tried this. On my truck (f250) the space is to wide :(
    I'm driving a Jeep Wrangler. I'll report back.

Well, I officially have Remora Remorse.

The holster didn't make it in the mail today as predicted by the Post Office.

(Nobody's fault but the pace of the mail and my own eagerness, I'm sure)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyBucket View Post
    Well, I officially have Remora Remorse.

The holster didn't make it in the mail today as predicted by the Post Office.

(Nobody's fault but the pace of the mail and my own eagerness, I'm sure)
    Snail mail can suck bro

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Snail mail can suck bro
    I'm blaming the holster. It's so sticky it's slowing down in transit.

Actually, I see it left the local sort facility today, so tomorrow should be Remora receiving day at my place.

Awesome! Let me know how ya like it. I still like mine especially for those times I want to throw sweat pants on and go to the store or outside.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Now it's my turn. I was hoping to see it in today's mail. Looks like it'll be tomorrow. What's one more day, right?

Quote Originally Posted by grav View Post
    Now it's my turn. I was hoping to see it in today's mail. Looks like it'll be tomorrow. What's one more day, right?
    One more day is a lifetime when your waiting on a new toy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I am happy to report that my new Remora showed up in today's mail. It's on my right hip right now in a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. Unbelievable how grippy it is. I actually purchased it for use in my car and am glad to say that it fits quite well between the console and the seat. I'll try it now for my EDC.

Some pictures of mine with the CZ82. This version is the Artemis (lower cut front edge) and the full sweat shield. It is not a 100% cover of the grip but it's quite enough and the times I have worn it (including a couple of 12 or so hour driving days) it's not been uncomfortable at all.

remora_6694.jpg

remora_6696.jpg
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Got my first Remora, a 12C RFT-SS three days ago. While I want to wait and get some time in with it before forming a final opinion, I'm pretty sure that more Remoras are in my future.

No mag pouch, but I can't blame Remora, as getting a military discount and a freebie would be asking for too much, IMHO. One of the items on my wish list is a mag pouch to go with the holster.

That 12C size is perfect for my Commander sized Norinco, of course, but the PJK-9HP I have is just long enough to have the rowel hammer "peek" over the top when it's cocked and locked. I haven't had it dig into my tender flesh, but then again, I haven't worn it long enough to really form a judgement on that.
    In fairness, the "fitment chart" at Remora calls for a 12D for a Hi Power, but a size 11 for the FEG P9M that is the original Hungarian designation for my KBI imported Hi Power clone...don'tcha just love multiple model numbers for the same thing? I was hoping the 12D would split the difference between a 12D and an 11, and it still just might.

Initial impressions from limited use are very favorable. I'm still more comfortable using the Remora with a belt, especially with the relatively heavy pistols involved, but a dress belt seems to work just fine.

Been wearing it with Dockers type shorts or jeans shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, with and without a t-shirt, and so far it's stayed put, and stayed concealed. Have also mowed the lawn and done light yardwork with it. Other than having to resist the urge to check it (Really? No belt loops? Is it still there?) it's been fine. It's as comfortable as I expect a holster for a full size pistol to be...maybe more so.

The reinforced top does make one handed re-holstering a breeze. I don't know that this is important for a civilian carry rig, but it does make it easy to get used to drawing the pistol much easier than it would be with a typical collapsible IWB cheapie, and that's about the only thing I'm aware of in the same price range as the Remora.

I'm still getting used to it, but the initial impression is even better than I expected, and that's after reading all these glowing reviews.

Nice to hear bro! I still love mine also! These holsters are definitely a great product and to be able to wear it with PJ's is a plus. It tends to get a little hot during yard work but that's fine. In this weather my whole body is hot! Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I'll have mine this coming week. #11 ART/RFT tuckable for my CZ-75. The 4th really slowed the mail down.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Quote Originally Posted by donp326 View Post
    I'll have mine this coming week. #11 ART/RFT tuckable for my CZ-75. The 4th really slowed the mail down.
    Let me know how that works out for you. I have wondered about the tuckable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Yeah, the tuckable for a PPK is something I'm thinking on, along with an 8-UC for a J-frame, as a dual pocket/iwb holster.

Any feedback on the ones with the built in mag/speedstrip pouch?

Got it yesterday after I got home from work. Using it today. I report after a full day's use, so far so good the tuck is holding also being an ART there is more gun showing on the outside of the holster than on the non ART models, I like it that way.. It's really comfortable too. I using the removable single belt clip that came on the holster but I may discard it later.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links