my 1st caryy

my 1st caryy

This is a discussion on my 1st caryy within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well walked around with my xd 9mm sc, It was my 1st carry in public today. Very weird feeling but an ultra high. I seemed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: my 1st caryy

my 1st caryy

Well walked around with my xd 9mm sc, It was my 1st carry in public today. Very weird feeling but an ultra high. I seemed like everyone was looking at me , holster falling off,ect.Can't wait till tomarrow. If I want to practice carrying is that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by mrkurt View Post
    Well walked around with my xd 9mm sc, It was my 1st carry in public today. Very weird feeling but an ultra high. I seemed like everyone was looking at me , holster falling off,ect.Can't wait till tomarrow. If I want to practice carrying is that wrong?
    You need better gear, a more serious outlook, more responsibility, etc...... Carry is not a game, nor is it a booster. You need to come down from that feeling of God as well. At this point I'm thinking you're a spammer or that you're under-educated and gung-ho. Many of us here are serious about CC. Please come back when you are more aligned with the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkurt View Post
    I felt that way the first few times I carried. It felt like everybody thought I was doing something wrong and that they were going to call the police. In reality, nobody noticed. I was excited about carrying at first too. Be careful though, the high usually comes from wanting to be the hero (in my case when I was brand new to carrying, and in others whose posts I've read on other websites). Don't intervene in ANY situation unless you are certain that it is worth going to prison over. In some states, if you help someone else out, and it turns out that escalated the situation, or you escalated it, you go to jail (which also means you lose you CCL forever, and most likely lose your right to own gins forever too).

This isn't legal advice, but just some friendly pointers.

Stay safe, and make sure you train very often.

Thank you ,That why I joined this group, knowledge, wisdom leadership,guidence not to be little by someone that maybe disturbed,or on some pedestal. trying to be educated in evey way

I started small and worked up. I did the "walmart walk" (carrying in a big place with lots of people) a coupe of times before I moved on to smaller places. You do what you're comfortable with. I still get nervous occasionally (I carried on a college campus recently, which is legal here in PA, but most people do not know that, and I was afraid my gun might print, and I might get the police called on me).

I carry a springfield XD .40 SC. What kind of holster do you use?

started with an iwb leather stow n go style, pants aint right. bought a paddle style owb very comfortable. Still playing with the holsters so many smany option and money.

I use a cheap desantis tuck this II. It was $20, and it is a tuckable IWB (I have to dress up sometimes, so the option of tucking my shirt in over my holster is nice).

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    How is the OP coming off like he is God? You do feel many different emotions the first time you carry, which is how I took it. I agree he might have learned he needs a better holster, but why pick him apart like a chicken?
    1hogfan83 likes this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

congrads... highs can be lows just as fast. Learn to be an adult meaning be torrent of others. The last thing you need is trouble that involves cops. Someone cuts you off; deal with it. Someone curses you; deal with it by being the adult and show discipline and control. Carrying a is a life change in more ways than clothing

wdp
    Carry often around the house even if you don't plan on leaving, but do so as if you were. It takes some getting used to having some extra hardware hanging around your waist. After a while you'll develope the confidence you need to carry in public without worry. It's new and it's a process a day at a time.

a little judgmental??? not everyone is like you, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You need better gear, a more serious outlook, more responsibility, etc...... Carry is not a game, nor is it a booster. You need to come down from that feeling of God as well. At this point I'm thinking you're a spammer or that you're under-educated and gung-ho. Many of us here are serious about CC. Please come back when you are more aligned with the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Wow Ram Rod. Your posts are usually cool headed and right on the money but this one might be a bit rough. I would hate to see this guy run off the forum before he has a chance to gain some perspective and a little guidance.
    mrkurt likes this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just wanted to thank you all for the postive info. I never ounce said that I new it all, I joined this group to learn and understand cc. thank you again.

It takes some getting used to. Eventually that feeling of everyone watching you will fade. focus more on being aware of whats around you rather than what people might see,say,or think.
    mrkurt likes this.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    Wow Ram Rod. Your posts are usually cool headed and right on the money but this one might be a bit rough. I would hate to see this guy run off the forum before he has a chance to gain some perspective and a little guidance.
    I agree it was a little over the top for Ramrod. I dont think his holster really fell off but he had that "feeling". Just like the feeling that everyone was looking at him.

I do think we all must take carrying seriously the initial giddiness will wear off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links