Need a Kydex Master

This is a discussion on Need a Kydex Master within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So here is the deal. I have a Comptac Mtac that is about 1 1/2yrs old and I was told they no longer sell the ...

Thread: Need a Kydex Master

VIP Member

Need a Kydex Master

So here is the deal. I have a Comptac Mtac that is about 1 1/2yrs old and I was told they no longer sell the kydex for different models for their version one. Who can make me the Kydex piece so I can use a couple different firearms while using the leather portion of the holster? Please let me know, as I would hate to have the holster go to waste.

FYI... I am a lefty and would like a G26 kydex mold.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

Well likely you would have to send in the rig so they could figure out the attachment locations etc, unless they had the same model. An option you might consider is just picking up some kydex yourself and making it, really kydex is pretty easy to work with and not terribly expensive. You may not end up with something you want to show off but really it's not too hard to make a workable rig;)

KnifeKits.com : Designer Knife Kits - Knife Making Supplies - Knife Making Tools for kydex and supplies in small quantity.

Take care!

Luke

That's a pretty detailed looking mold. It does not seem to be as simple as molding one side. The kydex is pretty easy to deal with. But figuring out how to get it set up to work with that holster would be the problem. I have not dealt with any of the double sided kydex stuff yet. Good luck. Hopefully someone can help you out.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    My thing is that if they got the kydex molded well then I could drill the holes to match the holster.

I have a glock 26 blue gun if you need to borrow it. PM me.

Buy a newer MTAC, you'll spend less money in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    My thing is that if they got the kydex molded well then I could drill the holes to match the holster.
    If you have some foam for a press you could give it a shot yourself. Lots of how to's and videos out there. The one's I am making are one sided kydex hybrids. I don't like the 2 sided full kydex, just a personal thing. If you are kinda handy you could get a functional holster. My first couple of holsters I just put them in the foam and sat on it for 15 minutes. You probably have most of the tools you need to make it work. I'm still subbing tools and making do. No need to buy everything.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    I have a glock 26 blue gun if you need to borrow it. PM me.
    Thank you sir! I will look into if I am actually going to tackle this and let you know. Thanks again for the offer.

FWIW, just mold the gun. The kydex is not hot enough to damage a Glock. I've done about 10 molds of my EDC G19. No damage.

Links