Favorite OWB for Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Favorite OWB for Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm one of those guys who's always found IWB holsters to be very uncomfortable. Plus, all my trousers fit me, and I've no intention of ...

Thread: Favorite OWB for Concealed Carry

I'm one of those guys who's always found IWB holsters to be very uncomfortable. Plus, all my trousers fit me, and I've no intention of going out and buying trousers that don't fit just so I can carry IWB.

The fact that I just added the new Kimber Ultra CDP II gave me an excuse (as if I needed one) to go holster hunting again. I'm inclined toward leather, but I like Kydex for its near indestructibility and it's "quickness" for the draw. I think I've found the best of both worlds in the Garrett Industries STX Champion, which hit my doorstep five days after I ordered it. Not inexpensive at $110, this holster is a little work of art. The Kydex is actually lined with leather, so when drawing or reholstering you don't get that fingernails-on-chalkboard scraping sound that makes you worry for your gun's finish.

Attention to detail abounds. For example, on the pictured holster the small sweat guard piece is angled slightly away from the vertical so that it doesn't contact the 1911's safety. On the model I got for my Sig, it's straight up. A small Allen-type wrench is included to adjust the tension (which was perfect out of the box), and the belt loops can be exchanged with clips if you want a quick on-off arrangement.

The speed cut both looks great and (I would like to believe) aids in drawing quickly, as the gun has less vertical distance to clear. The trigger guard is completely covered, while the entire grip is exposed for a firm inital grasp.

All in all, I believe that this is one holster that won't be joining its many "friends" in the holster box.

Wow. Looks great. I like the leather lined part. Nice looking pistol too.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Nice looking rig...Congrats on the new shooter also!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looks good. My only concern would be the ambi-safety hanging out like it is. That could cause some issues..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Looks good. My only concern would be the ambi-safety hanging out like it is. That could cause some issues..
    I see your concern, but the safety is only exposed on the off-side of the holster, i.e., the side away from the body. On the inside where it might rub against clothing it's protected by the sweat tab, which is angled out to accommodate it. Perhaps this picture better illustrates the point.

Sponsored Links