Romora Users Question - Holsters Grip Against Carbon Fiber (prosthetic leg) pics

Romora Users Question - Holsters Grip Against Carbon Fiber (prosthetic leg) pics

This is a discussion on Romora Users Question - Holsters Grip Against Carbon Fiber (prosthetic leg) pics within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys been awhile since I've posted here at DC and hope everyone is doing well Last August I decided to lose some of this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romora Users Question - Holsters Grip Against Carbon Fiber (prosthetic leg) pics

Hey guys been awhile since I've posted here at DC and hope everyone is doing well

Last August I decided to lose some of this extra fat I've been carrying around and with a lot of cardio plus eating clean I've shrunk! I've dropped from 207 down to 168 lbs. Since the transformation (I wish I'd have done this 20 years ago) I'm looking for other options to carry besides my usual supertuck at 4:00. Read a lot of your posts on the Remora clipless holster and needless to say... I wants me one!

My question is do you think the Remora will grip a smooth surface? I've never been able to wear a holster except at the 4:00 to 4:30 area at the cutout on my (right) prosthetic leg. If I try moving to around 3:00 the top edge of my limb actually comes in contact with the barrel jacking up the whole rig. I'm thinking maybe I can use the Remora a bit deeper at 3:00 against the carbon fiber... If It will grip?

BTW my daily carry is usually a M&Pc. Yeah just looking for other options for the warmer days coming soon.

You can see the cutout on the leg (4:00 - 4:30) that I'm restricted to carry at.

If you think it I'll grip the CF, I"m a gonna give it a try!

"Does Not Play Well With Others" haha

I think you'd be good to go. The Remora has properties that make it tacky and it shouldn't have a problem with the smooth resin on your leg. I would definitely wear it around the house for a while and do some bouncing around and what not to make sure it'll stay. Good luck!

I'll have mine next week and could test it out for you as I have plenty of carbon goodies. Otherwise, I'd give Alan a call from Remora. He and I spoke on the phone at like 5 am and he was still friendly! I am currently in the Philippines, hence the weird time. I bet he could tell you for sure and if you are dissatisfied his customer service has a great reputation.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

Distinguished Member
    just gave my remora holster a quick slip test on a few things in the room. few dif types of plastic, wood, glass! sorry don't have any carbon fiber around. couldn't get it to slip on anything with just the smallest amount of pressure. pretty sure you'd be 100% good to go. these holsters are pretty incredible. granted its the only one i have, lol but i did my research. just got my ccp and wore it IWB all day working construction monday. couldn't believe how it just stayed put ALL DAY! and i do ALOT of bending, reaching, twisting ect. everything you could thing of, even jogged a few times with NO problems.

TheShadow......congrats on the weight loss btw. I've seen the Remora at a gun show and kick myself for not picking one up. I'm looking into them online recently though.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Suggest you get there number off of the website and give them a call. Maybe they can test it for you or agree to accept it bakif it doesn't work for you.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    "Shadow" give Alan a call, or shoot him an email. He is really a great guy with some of the best customer service I've ever run across.
    He can and will build something completely custom if he needs to, to accomodate your situation.
    I see him at all the gun shows here in Fl. He built a "special" for me.
    Talk it over with him, tell him your special needs and I know he will build exactly what you want and need.

Remora Concealment & Security Products, LLC.
    P.O. Box 990340
    Naples, Florida 34116
    Phone: 239-293-1165
    Fax: 888-201-8714
    alan.remora@yahoo.com
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

On the plus side, since you don't have to worry about discomfort, you can really crank on the pressure to hold the holster in place. On the negative, if it shifts or moves, you won't feel it do so. Maybe you could attach it permanently with Goop, and use a pressure band of some sort for back up.
    Last edited by Scott Free; February 29th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Hey Shadow! Jacqui from REMORA here! Congratulations on your weight loss! It should work fine, and if you have any problems, you can always return it, full money back!! We don't charge "re-stocking" fees

Congrats on your weight loss!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

At the risk of sounding insensitive...have you ever thought about a trap door on that thing? Like RoboCop? I always wondered if that would be possible on a prosthetic limb. Love the slogan...sums me up as well.

Thanks guys for the Remora tips and on the weight loss!

I've decided to go ahead a give it a shot. If it doesn't workout It would make a nice non slip holster for my truck's console!

The weight drop was a heck of a lot easier than I thought. Bought a Spin Cycle (type of stationary bike) and the weight just melted off. I'm doing "high intensity interval" (HIIT) rides five times a week @ 40 minute per workout. My endurance had soared and I feel great! I've been able to increase my heart rate up to 170+ BPM during these sessions. Considering my max HR is 166 (220 minus your age) that's pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk
    At the risk of sounding insensitive...have you ever thought about a trap door on that thing? Like RoboCop? I always wondered if that would be possible on a prosthetic limb. Love the slogan...sums me up as well.
    "insensitive" no reason to walk on eggshells around me brother... save that for the cry babies in this PC world Yeah the fellow that builds my legs said he could mold some CF around a dummy pistol for a built in holster. I'm just wondering how it would pivot (or the lack of) in a seated position. Maybe just having a holster shell that could pivot at the bottom on a pin so the pistol grip wouldn't get dislodged if it hung on my belt as I sat down

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    just gave my remora holster a quick slip test on a few things in the room. few dif types of plastic, wood, glass! sorry don't have any carbon fiber around. couldn't get it to slip on anything with just the smallest amount of pressure. pretty sure you'd be 100% good to go.
    Thanks for the quick test! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear

Ordered the Remora (1MDA6-RFT) today with the sweat shield and the (removable) thigh strap option. I figured if it wasn't compatible (grip wise) against the carbon fiber, the thigh strap may allow me to attach it directly to the leg itself. I'll post an update when it arrives.

Thanks again for the user input on this holster

Well I'd give Alan a call from Remora. He and I spoke on the phone at like 5 am and he was still friendly! I am currently in the Philippines, hence the weird time. I bet he could tell you for sure.

Good luck with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links