holster?

This is a discussion on holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello, I have a SA XD40 and bought the crossbreed supertuck for this gun. i like it once i get it situated,but it seem like ...

Thread: holster?

holster?

hello, I have a SA XD40 and bought the crossbreed supertuck for this gun. i like it once i get it situated,but it seem like a pain in the butt to position it on my belt when pants are on. do most of you with this holster positon the holster before putting on pants? I just bought a Remora holster for my Airweight 442 and love the convenience of it and am now thinking of getting one for my XD40? I appreciate any input or comments on this subject. Thanks Randy

2. Remove Ads

Good luck, I can't help with your issue as I picked the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro for my SA XD40 SC, I love this holster. Hope you find one you like as well.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have a MTAC which is similar in design and I leave my pants unbuttoned then slip the holstered gun into my waistband and then hook my C-clips over my belt. Takes about 5 seconds.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I get completly dressed, shirt tucked in pants snapped and all. I unsnap, unzip and put my CrossBreed in my pants, load my gun, situate and tuck my shirt around it, snap, zip and buckle my belt. Away I go. It did take me a while to figure out exactly where to place the holster, for comfort and access. Now it is pretty quick and minor adjustments are easy.

I can do it with my pants on, but I usually put the holster on the belt before putting on my pants, then adjust it slightly if needed with the belt loose.

I have a Kholster, different but same principle. I put my pants on then position the holster before fastening my belt. Lastly, I holster my weapon. it seems easier than positioning it prior to putting on my pants. After you do it a few times, you will learn the "sweet spot" that works for you and won't have to adjust it much if at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

I have close to the same and Im new at it..its a pain in the butt! I find putting pants on.....not buttoning top part....slide holster in...then tuck shirt...they button and buckle. I personally have tried doing it before i put pants on...without gun, with gun..and what not....definately takes more time. Got a single clip holster and its not as comfy..so.....thats how I do it...I should be better with more use.......
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

I wonder if you guys could take a thin piece of stiff plastic or something similar and make something similar to a shoe horn to tuck your shirt between the holster and clips before tightening your belt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by randypape View Post
    hello, I have a SA XD40 and bought the crossbreed supertuck for this gun. i like it once i get it situated,but it seem like a pain in the butt to position it on my belt when pants are on. do most of you with this holster positon the holster before putting on pants? I just bought a Remora holster for my Airweight 442 and love the convenience of it and am now thinking of getting one for my XD40? I appreciate any input or comments on this subject. Thanks Randy
    I'm glad you asked this question because I've often wondered myself if there was a standard method.

In any case, I've settled on this method:

Hold the Supertuck to my side where I want it and note where the front clip aligns with my pants packet seams.
    Drop trou and clip it into place.
    Pull my pants up, tucking my shirt all around and inside of the supertuck so the holster is fully accessible.
    With my thumb on the decocked DA/SA hammer so I know it stays that way, I slide the weapon into place in the holster.
    Now I pull my tucked shirt out from under the holster and re-tuck it over the holster.
    I usually pull enough shirt out all around so that when I smooth it back down it flops over the belt a bit, similar to how it would look after some activity. This helps to cover part of the clips as well.

One problem I have is trying to tuck directly between the holster and pants. More often than not, I'll simply tuck a bit of shirt directly under the belt between belt and pants instead. With a little shirt blouse-over you can't tell the difference.

I just bought a Remora holster for my Airweight 442 and love the convenience of it and am now thinking of getting one for my XD40? I appreciate any input or comments on this subject.
    - I wore a CrossBreed MiniTuck with my Kahr PM9 and tried the Remora. I immediately bought one for my Kahr P380, Glock 19 and S&W 638. It's easier to position and it's a nice and compact holster. I wish the Remora was out years ago. It would have saved me from the box o' holsters issue.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I may have to try the remora because frankly, I can't get over the fact that it's not hooked to a belt. I want something that will absolutely stay with my belt. But I do hear a lot of good things so maybe I'll have to spend the money so I can comment. I'm worried that some who have shifting or worse with the remora aren't reporting it. I'll just have to try it.

Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I may have to try the remora because frankly, I can't get over the fact that it's not hooked to a belt. I want something that will absolutely stay with my belt. But I do hear a lot of good things so maybe I'll have to spend the money so I can comment. I'm worried that some who have shifting or worse with the remora aren't reporting it. I'll just have to try it.

Gideon
    They are cheap and worth trying. Not my favorite holster but a must own. They don't shift. I still use a thin belt so I can adjust the tension if needed. Or a good pair of sweats for a quick trip to the store. Jme/jmo

VIP Member
    Here is the only holster type I use:
    The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Pants on, unbuttoned and belt loose. Place the holster without the gun. Button pants, tighten belt, and load the gun. It does take some getting used to.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links