World's Smallest for Glock Only

This is a discussion on World's Smallest for Glock Only within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's called the MIC (Minimum Inside Carry) Razor - for any position inside the waistband. It's practically, "Mexican" carry. It's for Glock, only. Buy it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: World's Smallest for Glock Only

VIP Member

It's called the MIC (Minimum Inside Carry) Razor - for any position inside the waistband. It's practically, "Mexican" carry. It's for Glock, only. Buy it at sharkee.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

This is a copy of the Raven Concealement Vanguard

VanGuard Holster System

The Vanguard II is coming out soon with a belt loop.

Here is the MIC.... available for different models

GLOCKTECH INDUSTRIES - Home of the Original MIC Holster since 1997

There is also the ZACH by Dale Fricke

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/zac...ntholster.aspx

Plenty of options.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Guess I'll have to buy a Glock to go with it.

Really honey I got this great holster but it only fits a Glock!
    joker1 likes this.

VIP Member
    I bought a string holster for $50 from a Federale in Quintana Roo. Actually he gave me the string. The $50 was for him to show me how it worked and not take me in. He said no hay problemo killing the bad guys, the jaguars take care of cleaning up the crime scene in about an hour.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I have one for my G26. it works great if you can get over the 20.00+price tag for a piece of plastic

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I have a Dale Fricke Zack for an XD Service .40, it works well in certain situations, but I wouldn't want to be carrying that way in a scuffle or doing something active.

Biggest drawback is you need to really extend your draw stroke to clear the Kydex with tension on the cord, and it's extremely loud when it releases.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I would rather carry in a larger more secure holster. If it falls down your pants it might be hanging there loose and harder to get to if you need it. I would suggest a good appendix carry rig if you want to carry that way.

I've got a MIC for my G26 and am happy with it. IMHO it's not an EDC or only holster option, but within it's limitations, it's AOK.

I use mine a couple times a week, depending on what I'm wearing, where I'm going, and what I'll be doing when I get there. It is a touch slower to deploy, seems to me to be the result of the generally deeper carry that it requires; IE less to grip and get a hold of. I wear mine wrapped around my belt, and in the 3:30 - 4 o'clock position; don't really notice the extra bit of draw motion needed to get it clear.

I just bought a MIC for my G27. It fits a little tighter than I expected but seems to work well. I am planing to use it for my daily drive to work and back. I can't carry at work so I need a quick on/off option. I might attach the string to a "key clip" rather than looping it around my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I would rather carry in a larger more secure holster. If it falls down your pants it might be hanging there loose and harder to get to if you need it. I would suggest a good appendix carry rig if you want to carry that way.
    I bought one for my G26 for appendix carry and don't like it for the reasons you mention. It makes my gun ride too low to get a quick good grip so I don't use it.

Ex Member
    Lets see: You are going to take a gun with one of the worlds WORST accident discharge reputations and place it over your junk? Good luck with that.

Lol I have been carrying and training aiwb since 2003. My junk is still there. Change scares people. I understand that.

Appendix carry with a skin? I've got Remora for that. If you want to go bare bones....skin on skin appendix carry with one in the chamber with a Glock.......just DO IT. Pretty simple, just let the grip ride above your waistline. I've done it. No need for a holster! Where did this term of " Mexican carry" come from anyway? Appendix carry don't need many twists or fancy names nor better holsters to lure others into the best method of discreet carry. Spend your money wisely.

With respect to the designer for having a design idea another view on holsters.... I feel this concept would not work for me because of the following....

Again, JMO.... but being an engineer myself, these are just my thoughts...
    First let me start off by saying that a defensive carry weapon should be FIXED and Constant whenever possible. By that I mean a holster that is always secure in the same spot on your body and that releases the weapon at or very near the same position every time.
    - That being said, IMO, with this setup there are too many variables that can and would change
    - The string could stretch from wear or weaken due to eliments, thus creating a longer distance to release the weapon
    - Depending on the belt that was worn, would also increase or decrease the distance to release
    - We have a cat in the house... all I would need is gnawing on the string and have it break when attempting to draw the weapon
    - According to the gentlemen performing the demo, he states "that you need to pull the weapon straight up to release it". that my not always be a plausible situation to have that option
    - In addtion, there is no concept to easily RE-holster the weapon without fumbling with a trigger guard
    - So if you think about it, you'll need to apply or re-apply the trigger guard (which is in this case, the holster) to a loaded weapon by PUSHING the trigger guard in the direction of the trigger. Very little room for error if your finger slips off when trying to do so.
    - My last constructive comment would be.... Like all summers, its gets real hot and sticky around here and frankly I sweat like a pig at times.... My current CCW summer time carry is shorts and t-shirt covering my weapon... Because there is no protection with this holster setup, I would not want to be sweating all over my gun, slide, mag, etc...

Again, just some feedback....

Best of luck...

920blog_neuticles.jpg
    just incase you have an accident they make replacments

MIC holsters are are like all other holsters; they have a place in the line up.

"The string could stretch from wear or weaken due to eliments, thus creating a longer distance to release the weapon"
    not happening; strong nylon and the knot is melted

Depending on the belt that was worn, would also increase or decrease the distance to release
    its a 7 inch loop ; your belt would have to be falling off for it not to clear in a reasonable space

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links