Defensive Carry banner

Best Shoulder Rig ?

14K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Kurtz 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone -

Newbie here.

Walther PPK/S & Barett 92FS.

I live in hot & humid Florida, and prefer a Shoulder Harness Rig like the Miami Classic by Galco .... also, in need of a small cpmfy Fanny Pack for my Walther 380.

- Alessi Bodyguard
- Miami Classic
- Sam Andrews Monarch
- DeSantis New York Undercover

Recommendations ?

Thanks in Advance.

#2 ·
I haven't tried any...yet, but I've been looking at the Mitch Rosen ESP for it's simplicity. I just can't figure out how the strap works! Looking forward to seeing what works for you.

#3 ·
I have a Miami Classic for my XD and I have worn it on a few occasions in the winter. It works great for long drives where IWB at 3:30 starts digging your side within a half hour. I think the newer version would be more comfortable, the only complaint I have is that the straps are thin so that can be a bit irritating after a long period, but overall it's comfortable considering the weight of the gun fully loaded and 2 spare mags. Always comforting to know I have 43 rounds of 9mm at my disposal when I'm wearing it. :danceban:

#24 ·
I didn't see any holsters there, all I seen were big boobs.:danceban:

#11 ·
I have the Galco Jackass rig, the same thing as the Miami with wider straps. I have worn mine during 20 hour days, it is very comfortable and holds two extra mags on the off side. I have had it for 9 years and it is my main EDC.

#12 ·
I use an Alessi for my g36 when motorcycle riding. Top quality and comfortable! But I am sure there are others equally as good.

#13 ·
High Noon Undertaker - I have 2 and love them for those times when I don't want to go IWB. I use mine for car trips and lounging around the house.

#19 ·
I have 2 Under Takers. I really like them. I am sure the others are also nice, but I have had no issues wearing the Under Taker all day 16+ hours on long driving trips. I also throw it on when lounging around the house in sweats. The guns I have the Under Taker for are the G30 & Taurus PT-145 Pro. I don't see any reason to spend more $$$ as it works fine for me.

#26 ·
Just my 2 cents, Galco is very well made mass produced rig. Alessi and Andrews are arguably some of the finest custom rigs out there. I did the very same research as you and I selected Andrews Monarch, I'm EXTREMELY pleased and feel I made a good choice. Let us know what your final selection is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.