Smartcarry or Tactipac

This is a discussion on Smartcarry or Tactipac within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was about to order a Smartcarry holster to try out and then I see this Tactipac mentioned here on the forum. How do these ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pgrass101

Thread: Smartcarry or Tactipac

Smartcarry or Tactipac

I was about to order a Smartcarry holster to try out and then I see this Tactipac mentioned here on the forum. How do these two compare? Any opinions or preferences between the two?

2. Remove Ads

Also go to YouTube and check out the 3 speed holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Smartcarry all the way... well made, fair price, 30 day trial.

Love mine.

I don't use it all the time, but when deep concealment is my preference for the day's events it's on and nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Smartcarry all the way... well made, fair price, 30 day trial.

Love mine.

I don't use it all the time, but when deep concealment is my preference for the day's events it's on and nobody knows.
    I emailed them too and found out that my 642, SDSC, and Bersa 380 will all fit in the same holster so it seem to offer a lot of flexibility or ability to try them all and carry the best one for the situation at hand.

Yep, I carry my Kahr MK9, Kahr PM9, Springfield XDM Compact 9mm and S&W 642 in mine... even carried my Walther P22 in it once, "just because I could".

The second pocket makes a good flashlight holder as well. Some carry extra magazines or speedloaders in it.

The key is to wear it low... might seem strange at first, but it's the best/most comfortable way to wear it. Best part is that I never dress around my gun when wearing it... tucking in a shirt, no problem, jeans, dress pants, shorts, sweats... no problem.

Smartcarry. Very well made and comfortable. I like it for when I'm wearing sweats or athletic shorts. Serves its purpose well.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I do like the Smart Carry. I have not heard of a Tactipac. I will have to research it more.

I just bought a Tactipac for my S&W Shield, its quite expensive, quality is fair, The design leaves one inch of the barrel protruding and the front sight often snags on the Kydex portion of the holster, time from order to delivery is very long, the Tactipac seems to move around a lot unless I tighten its elastic band to the point that it hurts after a few hours of wearing. The "trial" or return period is only 14 days!!

Senior Moderator
    I've had a Smarycarry for about 10 years and haev used it a good bit, very versitle and well made.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I tried the smartcarry and couldn't get used to something else down there by my johnson.

I ordered the 3 Speed Holster 3 Speed Holster After using it for awhile, i'll give you as honest an assessment as I can give. I ordered it end of last week. I imagine that Joe Roger & staff are feeling the same increase in orders that other gun related businesses have. I have my fingers crossed that I will receive it before summer starts.

I'm thinking about the 3 Speed Holster, too. Initially I was gravitating towards the Tactipak but I've heard a few things that give me pause. From what I've been able to see in reviews and videos, the 3 Speed seems like it's a bit more secure and comfortable than the other deep concealment rigs. Now I just have to decide if I think it would work for a full size service pistol.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I own both of these Holsters & use the Tactipac Fusion holster over the Smartcarry most of the time

Links