Remora Tuckable??

This is a discussion on Remora Tuckable?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a tuckable holster for my Sig P238. Does anyone have a remora tuckable? If so, how well does it work? Any ...

Thread: Remora Tuckable??

Remora Tuckable??

I am looking for a tuckable holster for my Sig P238. Does anyone have a remora tuckable? If so, how well does it work? Any printing issues? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I was looking for references on the tuckable as well, but did not find a lot. Here is one other thread on it. From what I have read it seems the original versions are pretty easy to tuck.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Not so sure what you think "tuckable" means. All the Remoras are tuckable---ie: the do not attach to the belt or the pants via a clip or anything else on the holster. The "stickie" covering on the holster does it all as long as you have your pants or shorts on somewhat tight---just not falling off loose. Look at the Remora internet site--pix and videos show you all you need to know.
    PS: I have one and use it with a full size semi-position it a waist mid hip with slight forward cant---good enough for CC.

Distinguished Member
    There is a tuckable option on the Remora which you can get for an extra $12.50. It gives you a flap which gives you space to tuck in your shirt while keeping the sticky side out for the pants. I have one for my KelTec PF9 and it works. There is a softer non-stick cloth in between the flap the the main holster where your shirt will go so it slides down and out easily. The other tacky part which holds to your inside shirt, underwear or leg (depending on how you position it) remains like normal as well. So, it is probably better than using a straight Remora for those times when you need to have a good tucked in shirt.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Not so sure what you think "tuckable" means. All the Remoras are tuckable---ie: the do not attach to the belt or the pants via a clip or anything else on the holster. The "stickie" covering on the holster does it all as long as you have your pants or shorts on somewhat tight---just not falling off loose. Look at the Remora internet site--pix and videos show you all you need to know.
    PS: I have one and use it with a full size semi-position it a waist mid hip with slight forward cant---good enough for CC.
    If you are talking to me... I fully understand what it means, but was merely suggesting that from my research the Remora originals appear to be good for tucking without the tuckable option that is now available. You obviously confirmed my research, however, some may prefer to have that option... some may not. As always... YMMV.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnie View Post
    If you are talking to me... I fully understand what it means, but was merely suggesting that from my research the Remora originals appear to be good for tucking without the tuckable option that is now available. You obviously confirmed my research, however, some may prefer to have that option... some may not. As always... YMMV.
    I'm not so sure that the original would be best for tuckable. Contact Alan at Remora (using the contact link on their site) and ask him that question. Or call them. They would be able to give you a better idea about it. From my experience, I don't see how the original would be tuckable and yet quickly accessible if the need arose.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I have actually called the Remora contact number twice today and left message, but I suppose maybe they are on vacation. I am going to probably order one of each. I think I would prefer the tuckable version to be on the safe side, but for other situations where I may want to pocket carry, I would not want that extra tuck material... nor for times where I may wear my shirt out.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Remora does have a new offering that includes a clip, which can be seen at this link:

remora tuckable modification

Given my very good luck with the two Remora's that I already own, I'm seriously considering one.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member
    You don't need both. Just get the tuckable. It works for not tucked as well where the non tuckable isn't all that great for tucking.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Oh, I didn't see the part about pocket carry. Yeah, the tuck stuff may not be the best for that. So maybe one of each is good.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I think one of each is appropriate, after all for the cost it's not that big of a deal.

I use my current Remora's more as pocket holsters in the cargo pocket on cargo pants, and the pocket of my more loosely fitting jeans. I have used it inside the belt, but prefer it in the pocket. But I can see using the tuckable version just as much if not more.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I have a Remora that I use to carry IWB a 3.5" 1911 as well as a Kahr CW45. From the above description, sounds like my Remora is an "original" as compared to "tuckable." At any rate, the few times I tried using it tucked, I was disappointed. Maybe I just didn't get it tucked quite right.... I'm VERY pleased using it for IWB carry, covered by a shirt. W/ the right pocket gun, I think it should also work well as a pocket holster.

Distinguished Member
    I'll try to post a picture of my #4 Remora with the tuckable feature so you can see what it looks like. I won't be able to until either later tonight or tomorrow as I have to go somewhere tonight after work.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Okay, so here are a few shots of the tuckable option. It involves an added flap with a soft, not sticky material, in between the flap and the gun cavity but the outsides of both the gun cavity and the flap are the Remora sticky type material.

Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Links