Old Faithful Holsters

Old Faithful Holsters

This is a discussion on Old Faithful Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Two days ago, the price for an Old Faithful IWB hybrid holster was $49.95 on their web site. Went to place my order today, and ...

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar

Old Faithful Holsters

Two days ago, the price for an Old Faithful IWB hybrid holster was $49.95 on their web site. Went to place my order today, and the price had increased to $72.95. Wow......... I guess if you snooze, you lose!

Question is, are they worth it? I really like their design.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

At that price I would look at the AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather. select grade. I have IWB's from some top line makers but none are as comfortable as his esp. with Glocks or other wide frames, you won't be disappointed.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

You don't loose anything, It's only $72 if you buy it assembled. Buy the pre molded kit, everything is done for you, you just assemble it. $39! Old Faithful has really stepped it up the last couple months. 6 months ago they sent you a REAL kit, meaning a flat piece of kydex! After seeing the pre molded kits I'll probably pick one up!

I found one completely assembled. It was $50.95 on the well known auction site. It is on it's way. If the quality is as good as I have heard, i wouldn't have minded paying more, but I'm glad I got it for the old price.

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    I found one completely assembled. It was $50.95 on the well known auction site. It is on it's way. If the quality is as good as I have heard, i wouldn't have minded paying more, but I'm glad I got it for the old price.
    If you buy anymore in the future
    Premium Molded Holster Kit | Old Faithful Holsters

Well the Old Faithful came! There was a slight delay, as I had to send back the first one they shipped. Our wires got crossed, and they sent a righty when I needed a lefty. Customer service was impeccable.

First impressions are very good. The fit and finish are very good, and it is comfortable right out of the box. It completely disappears under a polo shirt. It took a few adjustments to get the IWB placement, but when I found the right spot, it felt great.

My conclusion: Worth every penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    Well the Old Faithful came! There was a slight delay, as I had to send back the first one they shipped. Our wires got crossed, and they sent a righty when I needed a lefty. Customer service was impeccable.

First impressions are very good. The fit and finish are very good, and it is comfortable right out of the box. It completely disappears under a polo shirt. It took a few adjustments to get the IWB placement, but when I found the right spot, it felt great.

My conclusion: Worth every penny!
    I love my Old Faithful Holster. I wear it everyday to carry my Glock 30. I used a pair of snips to cut the kydex to my liking and I didn't file down the cuts to make it pretty. I could have made it look nicer if I took my time but I was in a hurry! The molding fits the gun perfectly and the clips are first rate! I probably could have used shorter hex head fasteners than came in the kit but they're ok. When I bought mine the level 3 kit wasn't available but the level 2 really wasn't that hard to assemble.

So far, so good with breaking mine in. I covered the exposed hardware on the body-facing side with some fabric tape as it was abrasive against my skin. There is definitely a learning curve in putting the holster on.

I am trying to decide if it is as comfortable as my Remora.

Will look at these.
    What a price jump.

I know the supplier I get my leather from just jumped up in price several dollars a sq foot on the nicer leather. I would still build and ship one for $50. My biggest problem is not having but a couple guns to work from, lol. From the pic above, I've got all that sitting out in the garage now. Made a leather one for my G19 a while back and realized I like it better than the horsehide. Less squeak. I have a name brand horsehide one that's a couple years old and still squeaks a bit.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links