Defensive Carry banner

So I bought a Remora Holster today....

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  gadio4533 
#1 ·
For my Glock 27 at a gun show. So far so good, but it might take a bit before I trust that it won't slip. The "sticky" material on the outside is some incredible stuff!

One question tho, does the "New Rubber" smell fade over time?

#2 ·
They were on my list of things to try at some point, then I got one as part of a deal from this forum. Boy, I keep grabbing it each time!

As for the rubber smell, mine never even smelled. I'd assume that it came in a plastic bag, and leaving it out somewhere nice and airy (my garage gets this duty a lot) will reduce the smell.

#4 ·
Kind of bet that outside stuff is what the NFL receivers use on their gloves that makes them look so good catching footballs. Imagine if some of the old greats had gloves like that. As far as the holster--it takes getting used to that there is no belt or external constraint holding your holster to your clothes or your body, but it sure works. I am not a 24/7 kind of CCer but I do think, if I were, that I would still be looking for something more substantial--but for my casual use---great holster, great people, great price AND IT WORKS!!!

#6 ·
I have one for my G23, and I like it a lot.
I still use my Comptac Mtac for EDC most of the time, but if I am in sweats of shorts around the house the Remora gets used.
I have actually worn mine to the gym twice now in running shorts, and managed not to lose it on the treadmill while on a moderate run. I am not recommending this, I just needed to know if it could for myself so I gave it a whirl. I fully intend to grab one for my upcoming G27 purchase!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.