Crossbreed Pocket Rocket?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Pocket Rocket? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of this one for my BG380. I know there are many others but I am looking for anyone who has this one and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wdp
  • 1 Post By frankmako

Thread: Crossbreed Pocket Rocket?

Crossbreed Pocket Rocket?

I'm thinking of this one for my BG380. I know there are many others but I am looking for anyone who has this one and what they think of it. I believe it's new so there might not be many who have it.
    Thanks!
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Po...me,ProductName

This is their description on their website:

"CrossBreed Holster's new Pocket Rocket is a great way to carry one of the oh-so-popular micro pistols available these days. Intended for flat, small 380s such as the Ruger LCP, Sig238, Kel Tec 380 and similar size guns the Pocket Rocket fits great in a front pocket, back pocket or jacket pocket. The kydex scabbard gives good retention of the gun so it won't fall out of the holster in your pocket and the square leather (horsehide only) backer, which is to be positioned AWAY from the body, yields a print that looks like an ordinary wallet, if any print show at all. It's not the fastest holster out there, but for a back up gun, a quick trip out and about when one wants to drop it in a pocket and go, or deep concealment of a small primary when that's all one can risk, it works well. When ordering your Pocket Rocket, a right handed version will be intended for carry in a right side pocket with the backer outwards in the clothing to conceal the outline of the gun, vice versa for left handed shooters."
    Carpe Diem for Winter Is Coming

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If the leather extends up far enough, you should be fine.

One issue that I have with my LCP pocket holster is that the butt of the gun is slightly exposed on jeans with shallow rear pockets. So I wrap a post-it note around it, and it just looks like a notebook in my rear pocket.

PocketHolsters.com recently added a faux zipper to address this: Ruger LCP 380 Pocket/Wallet Holster

wdp
    To be honest, as much as I like CB Holsters I don't care for this design. I much prefer the Desantis Superfly which sticks like glue in your pocket. I carry a J frame in my front jeans pocket very comfortably. It also has a velcro fastened removable outer flap to mix it up a bit for different carry options. It's inexpensive, it works and I'd recommend it to anyone. Just my .02 FWIW.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

If you try to yank that thing out of your pants you're going to pull up the whole holster with it. Bad design IMO.

I'll second the Superfly... or even the Desantis nemesis for that matter.

A cant like that in a pocket holster seems like it would just make it difficult to deploy.

I don't like it, but that's just me.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

the superfly and/or the uncle mikes pocket hoster is what i use/have used as my pocket holster for my p3at. works well in front and/or back pocket.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    If you try to yank that thing out of your pants you're going to pull up the whole holster with it. Bad design IMO.

I'll second the Superfly... or even the Desantis nemesis for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    A cant like that in a pocket holster seems like it would just make it difficult to deploy.

I don't like it, but that's just me.
    I built something similar for my P3at. The cant is nearly necessary for the kydex. Easier to mold, and easier to get a grip on the pistol. The retention is not enough to pull out the holster on mine. It stays in the pocket. What I don't like is that the barrel extends past the bottom of the leather. That can't be good for your pants pocket.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Interesting. I still prefer my uncle mikes as it sticks like glue and only the gun comes out of my pocket. Quite a bit cheaper too.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    Your draw should change, depending on the design of your pocket holster. They certainly aren't "grip & rip". With the example in my link, the pocket tilts inward as you access the firearm, (and depending on your draw) your knuckles or thumb will keep the holster in place. These aren't quick-draw rigs, but more stealth-draw - as in you appear to be reaching for your wallet.

They're certainly not for everyone, but mine is the perfect solution for what I was looking for, and no, the holster has never come out with the gun, unless I wanted it to.

Links