Just Got Remora Pleased But Have Questions/Comments - Page 2

Just Got Remora Pleased But Have Questions/Comments

This is a discussion on Just Got Remora Pleased But Have Questions/Comments within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I carry my revolver I practice rocking the gun backwards to clear the lip and not keep the holster so far down in the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just Got Remora Pleased But Have Questions/Comments

When I carry my revolver I practice rocking the gun backwards to clear the lip and not keep the holster so far down in the pants as it does have a tendency to migrate downward in the pants. I also got the model that was cut a little lower and that one worked better. Just talk to Allen for his advice. He knows what he is doing.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Distinguished Member
    The RFT (reinforced top) ART is a lot easier to reholster than the non reinforced top. I've been using both at home with my KelTec PF9 and I like the RFT better than the nonRFT.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I'd love to have a Remora that has a single, wide beltloop on the outer side for times when it would be more comfortable to carry the gun between pants and belt, rather than inside the pants. Maybe Alan could make one?

My suggestions? May come down to a two hand draw for you. Think of the Remora holster as a glove. A holster that doesn't need a belt. Think of deploying your weapon and how you'll be able to do it most effectively with what you have. Like what you would do in order to pick up a dropped quarter in a half inch of snow while wearing jersey gloves. At what point are you going to take off the glove? Alternate weather, alternate wear, alternate holsters almost always dictate alternate training and dealing with your best tools in order to sustain life. While we often think of the drawbacks and shortcomings of those things we use in order to make our life easier and better, we're too often walking our minds down a narrow path with walls on each side. If you walk a narrow path, at least let it be without walls where you can see the grass, the pond, the sunshine and the shore. Limits are only in the mind. We choose our tools....they don't choose us because tools have no mind. We are often dissatisfied with what we have because it won't conform to us in exactly the way we want it to. What we should look at the most is our own willingness to conform and adapt to what's best and what works. Chasing your own tail expends way too much energy and often results in satisfaction with lesser things do to fatigue. Age old fact.......if you're not fast enough to catch the chicken.....then wait for it to lay an egg. This way you'll still have something to eat albeit less than if you had the chicken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links