Please recommend me a Kydex OWB holster...

This is a discussion on Please recommend me a Kydex OWB holster... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Fobus paddle holster for all of my Glocks and use them often. They make plenty of different styles to fit what you ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Please recommend me a Kydex OWB holster...

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I have a Fobus paddle holster for all of my Glocks and use them often. They make plenty of different styles to fit what you are looking for.
    Fobus Holster: Paddle Holsters
    Good luck.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

2. Remove Ads

Raven Concealment...great holster but long lead time.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum."

I rock a Fricke Holsters Gideon Elite every day. It keeps my Service size XD9 comfortably, and no one has made me yet. I also carry a spare 16rd mag in his Joab horizontal holder and it is also incredible in both concealment and speed of reload from concealment. Awesome combo.

BTW, he usually gets the holster out in 2-3 weeks.

Dale Fricke Holsters
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Ditto on the Dale Fricke Gideon Elite. I carry a weapon 5 days a week as a plainclothes officer. I used the Raven Concealment Holster for a few years and really liked it. After reading online about the Gideon Elite, I purchased one and having been using it daily for about two years and never plan on changing holsters. I too am left-handed and both my Glock 19 and 23 are worn in this holster.

Thumbs up

I have holsters from Raven and Crown. Make sure you know what cant and cut you want before you order. (IE: straight drop, 10 degree. reduced body shield or full sized?)

Both companies have a lifetime no question asked replacement guarantee.

Single Mag holders from Raven and a Double mag from Off the Grid.

All of these companies rock.

The wait time for a Raven has dropped significantly. They have the quick ship holsters and I believe quick ship mag holders too? I could be wrong about the mag holders??

Anyway, take your pick. Prices are all pretty much competitive with each other, the exception is Raven.. They tend to be a hair higher on the $ scale for holsters, oh and ditto for secret city.

Raven Concealment Systems
    Welcome to Crown Holsters! - Crown Holsters
    Custom Kydex Holsters

I don't have any experience with
    K-25 Holsters - Secret City Weaponeers

but I have heard good things about them.

Good luck!

I would stay away from the kytac unless you know him. Good holsters, I had one, quality product. Mine was second hand though. People havent had teh best reviews on his customer service dealing with him first hand.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    The problem with Raven holsters is that being a lefty, they don't have any quick ship holsters.

I am going to end up with X-Concealemnt is what I am leaning towards. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Does anyone know of a relatively low ride leather OWB? Perhaps one without a tremendous wait time?

I use the Raven Phantom and have been very pleased with it. Easy to draw, sticks close to your body, multiple methods of attachment. Quality piece of gear.

I like my Blackhawk. Comes with belt slides or a paddle. Adjustable cant and height. Retention.

VIP Member
    Galco has a belt slide with Kydex that should be in stock someplace. they have a nice finish on the leather, and the leather is more unfinished inside the Kydex area (where the leather meets the gun). you can use the Galco Draw Ez on it to get the gun to come out as easy as you would like. Or just break it in. I have one that holds well and does not rattle when you walk around. That is a problem I have with one of the blackhawk holsters I have (gun rattles). I also don't like to push a button to remove the gun. There was a cop that discharged his weapon with one of those holsters at the mall a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by medicmurf View Post
    Ditto on the Dale Fricke Gideon Elite. I carry a weapon 5 days a week as a plainclothes officer. I used the Raven Concealment Holster for a few years and really liked it. After reading online about the Gideon Elite, I purchased one and having been using it daily for about two years and never plan on changing holsters. I too am left-handed and both my Glock 19 and 23 are worn in this holster.
    Welcome to the forum medicmurf
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Look up CX2 holsters by armedcivilian556 on youtube

VIP Member
    The best holster for OWB carry for a Glock is their own Glock Sport holster. It holds the weapon secure and it really holds it close to ur body. Perfect in every way. I have a large tote full of different holsters and this Glock one I always go back too. It's also thin in thickness.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I admit that I'm a Comp-Tac fan. I have both IWB and OWB (the one I wear the most) for my G26, P239 Sig and 229. Here's the left hand Comp-Tac paddle holster with FBI cant and mag pouch:

g26wcomp-tac002_zps14cfd501.jpg

ETA - I've only had the holster for the G26 a few years, but I've used the same model for my 239 since around 2005 or so and it's held up very well with little holster wear on the gun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links