Please recommend me a Kydex OWB holster...

This is a discussion on Please recommend me a Kydex OWB holster... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for an OWB Kydex holster. It will be for a Glock 19 most of the time. I can do with a dedicated ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Please recommend me a Kydex OWB holster...

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar

Please recommend me a Kydex OWB holster...

I am looking for an OWB Kydex holster. It will be for a Glock 19 most of the time. I can do with a dedicated holster for that gun, but I would prefer a "Slide Model" if possible. I am a lefty if that makes a difference. I have quite a few leather holsters and would like a kydex one. I am looking at various manufacturers such as the following.

Raven Concealment / Phantom

X-Concealment / The "C" Model

Comp Tac / Belt Holster

Kytac / Super Hooper

SideArmor / Modular Outside the Waistband Holster

In addition to this I will probably be ordering a pair of magazine pouches. All of this will be worn on a Jones Tactical belt.

Cany anyone recommend any of these or a similar style? I am not looking to wait long but I will if I have to. I really like the X-Concelment holster but the problem is that it varies by waist size and I can vary my waist size quite a bit during the year, depending on the season. The Raven looks great but it has such a long wait. The other holsters are just recommendations from friends and various boards. Any reviews and suggestions are appreciated. I am a bigger guy but during the summer I can slim down quite a bit.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The Raven is actually the one I would recommend. However, I can understand not wanting to wait. I've been there too. I that case, I can whole heartedly recommend Crown Holsters. The quality is just about as good and the wait time is around a month compared to 4-6 months with RCS.

http://www.crownholsters.com/store/
    Last edited by RoadRunner71; March 6th, 2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: added link
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I recommend the FIST K1 with belt loop adapters for its concealability and comfort. The attached thumbnail is the K1 with my G17.
    FIST, INC.
    Attached Images

What about PS Holsters?

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Blackhawk serpa
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    I'm typically a FIST fan, but if going OWB in Kydex, I'd be sorely tempted to give the Raven a try.

I like the kydex OWB hybrids and I garry a G19. The leather more conforms and is more comfortable. Cheap and available in a few days is Butscher's Leather & Fabrication
    Yoda, I am, yes.

No one has so far mentioned what may be the most innovative kydex holster -- and one for which the wait is minimal and the price reasonable: the leather-lined Silent Thunder line.

Chief1297 likes this.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

I've been doing the hybrids for $30 shipped if you are interested. Medium retention, holds an unloaded gun upside down. Sometimes it'll hold a loaded one as well. This is my G 19 in one. My wife and I carry in these all the time.

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I have a Bravo Concealment for my M&P FS and it looks just like the Raven holsters. Two week wait time and cheaper. I love it and will order from them again when I get my weapon light.

VIP Member
    I carry my G19 in an X-Concealment Gen2 "C" model and I'm very happy with it. I don't think the waist size thing should be an issue since I think you'd need a pretty serious weight fluctuation for it to matter at all, and even then I doubt it would matter much.

VIP Member
    I have been using a Blade-Tech OWB for the G19 and P228, and have been quite pleased. Worth a look.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    I'll second PS Holsters. Great holsters and mag holders.

VIP Member
    Galco black belt slide. very nice leather around the belt and Kydex around the gun. I carry either G-26 or G-19. a good quality belt will also help.
    I can slide it forward or back depending on whats going on. i slide it forward for sitting and driving and if I need to can push it back. It draws nice and smooth with no rattles. It is a small holster. I got mine at the local gun store around 35 bucks. they make them in black or brown.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links