Trigger guard not completely covered: Would this bother you...

This is a discussion on Trigger guard not completely covered: Would this bother you... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; By design, it does not impede a positive grip. My max cons are the same. does not bother me in the slightest...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Trigger guard not completely covered: Would this bother you...

By design, it does not impede a positive grip. My max cons are the same. does not bother me in the slightest
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    If you can't get your finger in there, it should be enough protection IMO.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I might be a tad uncomfortable if the entire trigger guard isn't covered if I'm carrying a gun with no safety such as the Taurus TCP. Depends on if something could get in front of the trigger and fire the gun into my last good leg. ;)
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I don't see a problem, but you don't like it enough to bring it up here, which means that you probably won't ever like it.

This is a question, not a comment. But wouldn't it take a closed bottom holster to keep something from pushing up on the end of the barrel? There is a good bit of flat area on the business end of a contemporary semi-auto. Don't really know the answer but just wondering.
    dakotasdad likes this.

Thanks for all the comments guys, after thinking about your comments I am more concerned with the open bottom forcing the gun to come up out of the holster (exposing the trigger or falling out of holster) Its a good snug fit however. I'll give it a little more time but odds are it goes in the holster box. Main reason I got it was because I wanted a snap on OWB without paying $100+ and waiting for 6 months to get it.

RKM
    No. My Galco King Tuk is the same way.

I prefer the outer surface of the holster to provide barrel/slide coverage with some smooth contour coming down over the muzzle. The idea is that, for OWB carry, you don't see such a distinct outline, and cloth slides a bit better. Not a huge issue. I'd actually never thought about the situation lordhamster mentioned, but I think it's absolutely a valid concern. I frequently feel my rig bump the seat belt thingie, and am happy to know it's hitting Kydex and not the gun slide.

Also emphasis on what beans said: recovering to holster with normal daily wear needs to be done with complete attention to detail--and there's no hurry. Safely recovering with two layers of clothing, shirt tails and drawstrings, etc., really demands attention. The consequences of pumping a round straight down into your leg should be a sobering thought. Not an issue specific to your Galco though--it looks like a fine holster and I hope it works for you.

sgb--that's a beautiful M&P setup you show there. Very handsome holster.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

Jnug posted: (SNIP) But wouldn't it take a closed bottom holster to keep something from pushing up on the end of the barrel? There is a good bit of flat area on the business end of a contemporary semi-auto.

Jnug. Well yes and no. With a compact/sub-compact pistol the extra length isn't much of a concern for forcing the pistol out of the holster. Full size pistol, mmm.. A little bit more of a concern.

I have that holster in the holster drawer. I will not use it unless I am carrying a sub compact in it.

The gap doesn't concern me. Accidentally goosing the pistol out of the holster while seated does.

I too would not be too worried over the trigger exposer but I dislike metal on bare skin that has a tendency to sweat... and of course unholster the weapon.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Well I decided to stick with my CBST mainly, and just ordered a Remora holster for work days when I have to remove the gun and keep in a lock box. The remora has good trigger coverage, full slide/muzzle coverage, and will fit the gun holstered in the lock box. Hopefully a win/win.

whoa........that wouldn't fly with me. Strange since my buddy has the KT for his G26 and has a lot more trigger coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    No. My Galco King Tuk is the same way.

The trigger is not exposed, so I don't feel it is a problem...I dislike the exposed tip of the weapon.
    Probably not a problem either, but I don't like thinking my night sight would/could get knocked around when sitting, etc.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links