Trigger guard not completely covered: Would this bother you...

This is a discussion on Trigger guard not completely covered: Would this bother you... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently got this galco m7x matrix holster for my G19. I like the holster but the exposed gap it leaves open around the trigger ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Trigger guard not completely covered: Would this bother you...

I recently got this galco m7x matrix holster for my G19. I like the holster but the exposed gap it leaves open around the trigger guard gives me serious reservations. I know its not big enough to allow a ND per se' but I am having trouble developing confidence with this holster. Would it bother you guys? Sorry for the poor quality pic.

0307122205.jpg

I actually just noticed the back side has even more of a gap. Granted, its against the body but still.....

VIP Member
    The gap is virtually identical to the one on my Brommeland Max-Con Vs for the same pistol. What do you find troublesome about it?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The gap is virtually identical to the one on my Brommeland Max-Con Vs for the same pistol. What do you find troublesome about it?
    My other holsters all cover the whole guard, some a little ways up onto the grip. I guess its just an unfounded mental hangup to get over.

It is not a holster I would use, however the opening is behind the trigger, anything that got in there would push the trigger the wrong way, shouldn't be a problem.
    hazard123 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Personally I find more issue with the exposed barrel, but that is a personal preference thing. Does not seem dangerous to me. Same reason Hiram 25 states. The only time pushing a trigger works is if the gun is facing the wrong way.
    leathernuts likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    'Concur with above observations. If you want to prove it to yourself, chamber a snap cap, put it in the holster and see if you can figure out a way to actuate the trigger.

If you want something to worry about, I'd focus on re-holstering technique and ensuring that your shirt tail and other obstructions are free of the trigger guard (regardless of the holster).

VIP Member
    IMO it's not a problem.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    I recently got this galco m7x matrix holster for my G19. I like the holster but the exposed gap it leaves open around the trigger guard gives me serious reservations. I know its not big enough to allow a ND per se' but I am having trouble developing confidence with this holster. Would it bother you guys? Sorry for the poor quality pic. 0307122205.jpg

I actually just noticed the back side has even more of a gap. Granted, its against the body but still.....
    Draw fast, re holster slow. It should be no problem.

I can see what you mean and feel "just like you"

I like to have that trigger guard completely covered.

Probably be ok though
    genauwiedu likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I have used this holster a lot. No problems or lack of confidence in it with me. Hard to beat for the money. It just requires a good gun belt to prevent roll-over.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Personally I find more issue with the exposed barrel, but that is a personal preference thing. Does not seem dangerous to me. Same reason Hiram 25 states. The only time pushing a trigger works is if the gun is facing the wrong way.
    why does the exposed barrel bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Concur with above observations. If you want to prove it to yourself, chamber a snap cap, put it in the holster and see if you can figure out a way to actuate the trigger.

If you want something to worry about, I'd focus on re-holstering technique and ensuring that your shirt tail and other obstructions are free of the trigger guard (regardless of the holster).
    thanks, I leave the gun in the holster at all times and put the whole thing on when I carry it.

VIP Member
    I don't like bare metal riding next to my body, or the printing that an exposed barrel allows.
    leathernuts and dakotasdad like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Shouldn't be an issue as others have stated. I would be more concerned about the exposed barrel.

I don't like exposed barrels like that especially not OWB because I'm always worried I'll sit down and something will push up on the barrel thus unholstering my pistol. For example, when I jump in my car, the thing you clip the seatbelt into can easily snag that and push up on it.

I know that is unlikely, but I just prefer full barrel coverage.
    genauwiedu likes this.

sgb
    Don't like the holster for the same reason others have stated, however the not 110% covering the trigger guard isn't a problem. The holsters I make have a similar gap and it in no way detracts from the security of the holster.

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links