Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Try coating the back of the metal clips with something? A cloth tape might work. My cbst creaks every once in a while, mainly if ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

Try coating the back of the metal clips with something? A cloth tape might work. My cbst creaks every once in a while, mainly if I bend over at a wonky angle or something out of norm.

2. Remove Ads

Firmly tell it to STOP
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Put nuetral shoe polish on the leather behind the clips, problem solved.

I tried saddle soap first, then a little oil by the clips. However mine creaked where the kydex met the leather. A little baby powder and it hasn't made a noise since. It's my EDC holster, and it looks like it! Very comfortable though.

VIP Member
    I just joined the creaking leather club. I will look into these suggestions and update next day or so. ( hybred kydex/leather IWB Ruger LC9 5-5:30)

SDG
    Man am I glad I found this thread. I have a MaxTuck holster that I cannot get to stop creaking! I thought it was coming from where the Kydex met the leather so I made some "gaskets" out of a thin and stiff fabric... didn't work. I guess it's coming from somewhere else. I was thinking maybe the gun to Kydex or gun to leather? I oiled the gun up last night and tried it... still noisy. Interestingly, though, only after I've had it on for a while and the holster has warmed up from being against the skin. I'll check the clips, too, but they already have a rubber grommet between them and the leather.

VIP Member
    My quick update, since I am at work and have a customer appointment. I went into the bathroom and adjusted it. I have a different brand pants on today and the belt loops are in a different position. So I moved it back about 1 inch. Seems to be quieter, but still creaks. I believe the noise is from the location of the metal clips and the leather portion of holster. It is very hard to tell exactly where the noise is coming from. I do not think the noise is from the kydex meeting the leather. On this holster it is a rivet not a screw.

VIP Member
    I, too used to wear the creaky and for me, uncomfortable kydex and cut leather sheet holsters. Then, I got one of these, which never creaks. Then I got several more. They are the only holsters I use.
    The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Another home remedy A wax candle worked for me!!
    Tony

SDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    Another home remedy A wax candle worked for me!!
    More details? What do you do with the candle?

Use a cream leather cleaner/protector especially where the clips touch the leather on the holster and belt. Let dry and buff with a soft cloth. May need to redo every 6 months.
    There isn't a wall high enough to stop illegal immigrants when the reward on the other side is free health care, jobs, driver's licenses and free college tuition subsidized by American taxpayers.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Go to Wally World and pick up some 1" adhesive velcro strips. Take the fuzzy half, otherwise known as the "loop" and stick to the back of your clips. It took care of the squeaking on my CBST. Three things I always have in the house; duct tape, velcro and plenty of ammo!!! They all come in handy.

Had the same problem with my Black Mamba CE. It sounded like I was riding a horse. Gave it a good rub down with leather lotion and no more creaking.

saddle soap or lexol leather oil in between the kydex and the leather

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    My question is how old are you guys with the creaking problems? are you sure it's the holster?

My CrossBreed has no creaking, I have no creaking, a little groaning from time to time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links