Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING! - Page 3

Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Neatsfoot oil for saddles. Can use mineral oil, glycerin or silicone to quiet squeaks. Silicone you can get in plumbing section of hardware store it ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

Neatsfoot oil for saddles. Can use mineral oil, glycerin or silicone to quiet squeaks. Silicone you can get in plumbing section of hardware store it is similar to lip balm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    saddle soap or lexol leather oil in between the kydex and the leather
    I tried saddle soap. Makes the leather soft yes! But didn't help with the creaking though. I came up with the fuzzy velcro idea and that took care of it.

I had this issue too. I was using a regular belt that wasn't quite as as wide as the clips. When I walked the clips had about 1/4 inch of play to move up and down and this action would cause a creaking sound. I could push the holster down or tighten my belt one notch and it would stop. I have gotten a Crossbreed belt which fully engages the holster clips and have not noticed this issue anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    More details? What do you do with the candle?
    Rub the candle on the areas where there is friction. The wax from the candle will not hurt the leather and acts as a lubricant!
    Tony

I was the GM for a boot company. Noise equals dry leather. It an organic material any good leather oil. I like Picard

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    My crossbreed and my Kholster both creaked. Oil and a week of wear stopped it.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Just be careful not to use too much oil. Too much oil weakens the leather, sometimes to the point that it will pull apart.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

SDG
    I have not yet oiled mine. While I don't know much about leather, it makes sense that it would require occasional oiling. I'll do that soon.

I've put a fabric shim between the Kydex and leather, felt between the upper parts of the clips and the leather and taken my belt off all together... still creaking. Next, I'm going to wrap the gun in thin fabric and see if it goes away... will report back soon.

Thanks for the wax tip, Realleycat!

-Steve

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Try mink oil.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    My creak update:
    1). I am not that old so it was not my bones!
    2). Had a different brand on pants on with the belt loops in a different location and once I moved it around there was less noise but still some.
    3). Went home from work tightened the clip screws and used blue loctite. No more creak.
    4).the holster must be worn in a specific location about 5 o clock as the leather has formed to me.

thanks for all of the tips there are some good ideas out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Go to Wally World and pick up some 1" adhesive velcro strips. Take the fuzzy half, otherwise known as the "loop" and stick to the back of your clips. It took care of the squeaking on my CBST. Three things I always have in the house; duct tape, velcro and plenty of ammo!!! They all come in handy.

Ive had probably a dozen CBs over the years and all have squeeked. I've done the loop part of the Velcro on every one of them and the noise goes away!

Liquid mink oil.

NCG
    I had the creaking problem as well. I googled the problem and tried the Kiwi leather lotion fix. So far it's nice and quiet.

Same deal for my supertuck when i got it. Had it for 1 week. Got some kiwwi neutral shoe polish and under the straps is where most of the sound comes from. Polish taht in there and it will cure it. If the sound is coming from belt - you may have to put some in the insides of the straps themselves at the point of belt contact. The deal is to make the leather slippery. The kiwwi has wax in it mostly. Will not hurt leather and will lubricate the contact point.

I'm convinced it is the clips they use. I had a CBST with the old metal clips (not glossy) and it never made a sound. I sent my CBST in when I changed guns and they sent me a new holster with new clips. All of a sudden I heard a squeak or creak when I moved about. I used saddle soap on the leather and my gun belt and just broke it in. It doesn't squeak anymore after continuous use. Not sure if it was due to the saddle soap or just break in.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links