Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been writing about this on my blog, and I've yet to find a fix. Mine is a little over 2 years old, and it ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

I've been writing about this on my blog, and I've yet to find a fix. Mine is a little over 2 years old, and it is creaking worse than ever. It is creaking where the clips rub against the leather, with the front clip being worse than the rear.

Body powder worked for about a year, but has recently stopped working.

I emailed crossbreed, and they suggested some leather conditioner. I bought some Lexol, still creaks.

Next I may try some plasti-dip on the clips. I'm considering buying a Comp-tac, as the creaking is getting out of control.

2. Remove Ads

I just applied mink oil to my belt and it completely eliminated the squeaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

So I have a Crossbreed ST as well. It is extremely comfortable to wear. I had the typical creaking issues like everyone else. I already had 1" adhesive backed velcro, so that stopped the clips from creaking.

However now the gun itself is creaking against the horsehide. I can get saddle soap, but am curious if that will cause a problem getting on my weapon? (M&P fs)

SDG
    Quote Originally Posted by lamrith View Post
    However now the gun itself is creaking against the horsehide. I can get saddle soap, but am curious if that will cause a problem getting on my weapon? (M&P fs)
    That's exactly where mine (Max Tuck) is creaking. I keep hearing that it will break in and creaking will go away after wearing it for a couple weeks... still there. I've done several things to isolate the noise and mine is definitely coming from between the gun and horsehide. Just this evening I put a piece of thin cloth between the gun and hide and got no noise at all. I haven't tried any saddle soap or anything like that since it's new holster. Mine is an M&P9c.

Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    That's exactly where mine (Max Tuck) is creaking. I keep hearing that it will break in and creaking will go away after wearing it for a couple weeks... still there. I've done several things to isolate the noise and mine is definitely coming from between the gun and horsehide. Just this evening I put a piece of thin cloth between the gun and hide and got no noise at all. I haven't tried any saddle soap or anything like that since it's new holster. Mine is an M&P9c.
    Hrmm you know I have been thinking about that very thing the last few days. Is there anyone out there that makes a supertuck style holster that is dual layer? leather on the inside for rigidity and some sort of fabric (canvas, cordura, etc) outside? My ST is comfortable, but a touch extra fabric could only help comfort and probably stop creaking..?? They could likely even add just a hint of padding? I have been wearing my ST as EDC for over a month now, and the creaking is getting worse. The wife notices when I am just moving around the house, and it is bugging her.

I am thinking about seeing if her sewing machine can handle the leather and find some sort of fabric to add in.

Sticking a strip of velcro (fuzzy side) to the inside of the clip (where it rubs the leather) solved the issue for me instantly.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Sticking a strip of velcro (fuzzy side) to the inside of the clip (where it rubs the leather) solved the issue for me instantly.
    Works every time!!!!

Distinguished Member
    I gave up on my CBST. It was just too danged loud. What the point of concealing if everyone within 100ft can hear your holster?

I wore it for over a year, tried everything I could think of, and it never "broke in" or faded.

I ended up just cutting most of the leather off, adhering hook panels to the back and sticking it in the CC pocket of my Maxped Jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Yup it does for the Clips. Some of us still have issues with the gun rubbing on the leather and squeaking as well.

I too am dissatisfied with the noise of mine. I have tried a lot of things but to have to modify a holster i payed almost $100 for is crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    I too am dissatisfied with the noise of mine. I have tried a lot of things but to have to modify a holster i payed almost $100 for is crazy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Yeah, it sucks. But it's less crazy than having that $100 holster sit in a box completely unused.

All-in-all I was completely dissatisfied with Crossbreed. I contacted them asking about replacement chicago screws since one of mine was stripping and was told that they are "not able to provide hardware separate from a holster".

I certainly wouldn't buy from them again or recommend that anyone else do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Yeah, it sucks. But it's less crazy than having that $100 holster sit in a box completely unused.

All-in-all I was completely dissatisfied with Crossbreed. I contacted them asking about replacement chicago screws since one of mine was stripping and was told that they are "not able to provide hardware separate from a holster".

I certainly wouldn't buy from them again or recommend that anyone else do so.
    I will give them this,
    I called about the same screw issue and he sent me some right out. Free all the way around to me. This is when they first started out so probably trying to get a name set for themselves. Unfortunately a lot of them give up after that is done.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    I will give them this,
    I called about the same screw issue and he sent me some right out. Free all the way around to me. This is when they first started out so probably trying to get a name set for themselves. Unfortunately a lot of them give up after that is done.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Yeah. I guess they must have decided somewhere along the line that they were big enough that customer satisfaction was no longer a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Yeah. I guess they must have decided somewhere along the line that they were big enough that customer satisfaction was no longer a priority.
    Or didn't like the way you sounded! Lol! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I may try a Crossbreed do not carry that wau often.
    Sometime you just blow a few bucks on a whim. I did that last week. Picked up a BlackHawk tuckable.
    Keeping simple it is a no go IMO.
    The Clip that holds it to the belt is cheap and not as functional as it should be.
    May work for some looking for a cheaper holster but not for me in the box of bad ideas it goes.
    At best it a 20 dollar will do holster.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links