Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I tried some wax, that worked for a few days, I have a bar of wax and I rubed it in the leather. But ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

Well I tried some wax, that worked for a few days, I have a bar of wax and I rubed it in the leather. But I noticed the gun had wax on it each time I pulled it out, and lastngiht the holster was a creak o matic, thankfully I was at home, because I was creaking like our old hardwood floor and the wife made a comment asking why I always carry that thing around..

I may stop by a fabric shop and see if they have some sort of durable fabric that I can put on the holster. Is crossbreed the only IWB like this that squeaks? What are they doing differently, or is it the Horsehide that is the issue?

2. Remove Ads

SDG
    Quote Originally Posted by lamrith View Post
    ...is it the Horsehide that is the issue?
    Maybe. My Max Tuck horsehide holster will simply nite stop squeaking. I haven't tried any leather treatment yet... going to buy some this week and give it a shot.

For the record, White Hat did tell me to send it in as soon as contacted them but I'd rather do it myself so I'll know what to do in the future if it starts up again.

Just an update, i used some saddle soap (kiwi milk oil natural) and the leather softened and creaking reduced 80% with 1st application. I plan to re-apply in a week or as soon as creaking increases. I have been told over time it lasts longer and longer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    My question is how old are you guys with the creaking problems? are you sure it's the holster?

My CrossBreed has no creaking, I have no creaking, a little groaning from time to time.
    In my case its my knee joints........

I have a crossbreed super tuck. I actually used armor all leather seat cleaner(all I had) it stopped creaking but caused some rust to form on the slide on my Glock. Rust came off with a remwipe, and wiped the leather that contacts the slide with a damp towel and no more rust.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I found that the position of my holster and how tight my belt was is whether it was creaking.

Update. After finding actual Saddle Soap and not Mink oil, all is good. I had to re-apply it a few times (everytime it would start creaking a little) but after a Month of apply as needed the holster is quiet and I forget it is on.

we use barbasol shaving cream on our leather baseball gloves

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links