Defensive Carry banner

Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

37K views 67 replies 42 participants last post by  zamboni 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Received my Supertuck for XD40SC not too long ago. Great holster. Very comfortable whether tucked or untucked, and makes concealment easy. However, it is starting to CREAK. Not only does this drive me NUTS, it also alerts other people that I am wearing something leather (leather has a pretty distinctive creak/rub). They see my dress clothes (req'd by work) and wonder "*** is going on?" I even had a coworker ask me "What's up with all that creaking?".

Anyone have any suggestions to reduce the creaking, besides wearing the holsters 24/7 for a few weeks? :?:

Thanks!!!

#2 ·
Can you figure out what is creaking? Is it the leather itself, where the kydex meets the leather, where the clips are attached? Figuring that out will go a long way towards being able to help you with the problem.

#4 ·
Mine creaked anywhere the leather was being "pinched". I put baby powder between the belt clips and the leather behind it and on the belt where the belt clips ride and it goes away for a while.

#5 ·
Very common complaint. Mine isn't a CBST but a Kholster, same issue when it was new. I mink oiled mine a few times and the creaking went away.
Never tried the baby powder trick.

#6 ·
I would think oil would be a more permanent solution, given its ability to penetrate the leather and stick around a while.

#13 ·
My CBST creaked at first, but silenced itself after about 2 weeks of EDC. I still sometimes use the Remora I got from you when I bought your LC9, it's a good little holster, but nowhere near as comfortable as the CBST, even with a smaller gun in it. Give the CBST some time and the creaks will go away.

#14 ·
Lol at all the replies, and thanks for the suggestions.
Remora makes a great product, but unfortunately they are not tuckable (at least not that i've found).
I'll try the powder trick, and failing that, mink oil.

Thanks, guys

#21 ·
Man am I glad I found this thread. I have a MaxTuck holster that I cannot get to stop creaking! I thought it was coming from where the Kydex met the leather so I made some "gaskets" out of a thin and stiff fabric... didn't work. I guess it's coming from somewhere else. I was thinking maybe the gun to Kydex or gun to leather? I oiled the gun up last night and tried it... still noisy. Interestingly, though, only after I've had it on for a while and the holster has warmed up from being against the skin. I'll check the clips, too, but they already have a rubber grommet between them and the leather.

#22 ·
My quick update, since I am at work and have a customer appointment. I went into the bathroom and adjusted it. I have a different brand pants on today and the belt loops are in a different position. So I moved it back about 1 inch. Seems to be quieter, but still creaks. I believe the noise is from the location of the metal clips and the leather portion of holster. It is very hard to tell exactly where the noise is coming from. I do not think the noise is from the kydex meeting the leather. On this holster it is a rivet not a screw.

#23 ·
#27 ·
Go to Wally World and pick up some 1" adhesive velcro strips. Take the fuzzy half, otherwise known as the "loop" and stick to the back of your clips. It took care of the squeaking on my CBST. Three things I always have in the house; duct tape, velcro and plenty of ammo!!! They all come in handy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.