Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, Received my Supertuck for XD40SC not too long ago. Great holster. Very comfortable whether tucked or untucked, and makes concealment easy. However, it ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

Hey guys,

Received my Supertuck for XD40SC not too long ago. Great holster. Very comfortable whether tucked or untucked, and makes concealment easy. However, it is starting to CREAK. Not only does this drive me NUTS, it also alerts other people that I am wearing something leather (leather has a pretty distinctive creak/rub). They see my dress clothes (req'd by work) and wonder "*** is going on?" I even had a coworker ask me "What's up with all that creaking?".

Anyone have any suggestions to reduce the creaking, besides wearing the holsters 24/7 for a few weeks? :?:

Thanks!!!

2. Remove Ads

Can you figure out what is creaking? Is it the leather itself, where the kydex meets the leather, where the clips are attached? Figuring that out will go a long way towards being able to help you with the problem.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Tried baby powder?

Worked on my King Tuk.
    gibbygoo likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Mine creaked anywhere the leather was being "pinched". I put baby powder between the belt clips and the leather behind it and on the belt where the belt clips ride and it goes away for a while.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Very common complaint. Mine isn't a CBST but a Kholster, same issue when it was new. I mink oiled mine a few times and the creaking went away.
    Never tried the baby powder trick.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would think oil would be a more permanent solution, given its ability to penetrate the leather and stick around a while.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Hey guys,

Received my Supertuck for XD40SC not too long ago. Great holster. Very comfortable whether tucked or untucked, and makes concealment easy. However, it is starting to CREAK. Not only does this drive me NUTS, it also alerts other people that I am wearing something leather (leather has a pretty distinctive creak/rub). They see my dress clothes (req'd by work) and wonder "*** is going on?" I even had a coworker ask me "What's up with all that creaking?".

Anyone have any suggestions to reduce the creaking, besides wearing the holsters 24/7 for a few weeks? :?:

Thanks!!!
    LOL! Yes indeed they do make noise. You need to breaker her in for a while. Remora's are always silent.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Just use caution as mink oil can "over-soften" leather.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks!!!
    Great concealment holsters don't creak.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Yea...and can make your mink too slick to catch also.
    kerberos likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Works great on a baseball glove too! LOL
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    How old are you? are you sure it is the holster creaking?

My CBST creaked at first, but silenced itself after about 2 weeks of EDC. I still sometimes use the Remora I got from you when I bought your LC9, it's a good little holster, but nowhere near as comfortable as the CBST, even with a smaller gun in it. Give the CBST some time and the creaks will go away.

Lol at all the replies, and thanks for the suggestions.
    Remora makes a great product, but unfortunately they are not tuckable (at least not that i've found).
    I'll try the powder trick, and failing that, mink oil.

Thanks, guys

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Mark addressed this on XDT. (Your thread I think?)

Creaking Crossbreed Supertuck -- Annoying and alerts others - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

ALL leather needs to be treated fttt. Sweat & oil form your body, heat & humidity levels all effect leather; ANY leather. I suggest the same thing Mark did; cowhide=mink oil:horsehide=neetsfoot oil
    Porp likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links