Smart carry reload

Smart carry reload

This is a discussion on Smart carry reload within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys, I've recently started using the Smart Carry. So far I like it within the parameters it is designed for. Its equipped for a ...

Thread: Smart carry reload

Smart carry reload

Ok guys, I've recently started using the Smart Carry. So far I like it within the parameters it is designed for. Its equipped for a reload/flashlight on the support side. I practised the draw as described, and it works well enough considering the limitations of deep cover. For those gurus who've been using it awhile. I can't figure out how you're supposed to do the reload or access your flashlight. To draw, you use the support thumb to pull out the waistband and strong hand aquires the grip. So now I've emptied the mag and need to reload but I need my support hand to access the mag/flash and the gun is in my hand already. So how do you pull the waistband away so the support hand can access the item? especially consider if you need the flash BEFORE the reload and where you may have to point the still loaded gun. Should I just eliminate the obvious and consider it a one mag weapon and don't bother with a reload or light?

Please enlighten me if I've missed something as I would prefer to have a reload.

Thanks in advance

so no opinions by the other smart carry users out there?

I can get the spare mag out of the Smartcarry without needing to pull my waistband out.

That said, I usually carry my spare mag elsewhere.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Thanks for answering, I carry a Kahr p9 and that gun is darned near invisible. Travel light, freeze at night lightfighter!

Sponsored Links