Got some leather today to bad there is a goober on the holster.

This is a discussion on Got some leather today to bad there is a goober on the holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whats your take on this. I think its glue and not a weird part of the leather....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Got some leather today to bad there is a goober on the holster.

Whats your take on this. I think its glue and not a weird part of the leather.

It looks non-leather to me too. I suppose you could always go bloodstripe on the holster if it won't come off. Nice looking rig though.
    It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Gene Police: "Hey You! Out of the Pool!

If I had to take a guess looks like either something with the hide itself, like maybe a scar or something like that. Best guess though is it looks like adhesive to me, sometimes if you get some adhesive on the hide even once it's removed completely it changes the way the dye will absorb which will cause that kind of look.

I could be wrong though, just my 2 cents.

Take care!

Luke

Administrator
    I agree that it was very likely removed contact cement that left a trace in the grain. Sometimes that will not show up right away so don't be too hard on whoever made the holster.
    It probably looked like a nice even dye job when it was originally bagged up.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    What brand is it? It's a nice looking rig otherwise. I'm a little surprised any maker would ship an item with an obvious blemish.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

I'm a little surprised that it got shipped to. I would hope that it didn't show up before shipping but I half suspect it did and the maker was hoping I didn't know better or care. There are a couple lines, marks around the goober that should not be there but are not to noticable. The rig looks good and I would be very proud to wear it except for the goober. No names just yet as the rig is going back today, once I see what is done I will post new pics and give a full disclosure.

What's their return policy?
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Not sure how I would handle that. On one hand I would not be happy as these holsters are not cheap and it is custom work. On the other hand, after several months of duty use there may be many more scuffs and imperfections due to normal wear. Although I tend to be quite picky. Check with the maker and see how they want to handle. It is their reputation.

Character!
    jwhite75 likes this.

Looks like a blemish holster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    If it is for CC and not OC, instead of wasting time and $$$ sending it back and forth, I would call the maker and negotiate a discount. Nobody will see the blemish and if you get a pristine holster, eventually, it will get marred by seatbelts, bumping walls, etc. I would find out how much of a refund I could get, but then, I am cheap.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Administrator
    I honestly don't think that the maker sent it out that way & I'm sure that any honest maker would either fix it, replace the holster, or negotiate a better price.

Any OWB rig is eventually going to suffer some scuffs and scrapes and scratches. I carry OWB every day & know that mine eventually get that way. Possibly you could barter on a partial refund that would make you feel like you got a deal.

If you intend to Open Carry & people are going to see it - then you might want to opt for a new holster.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

If you had a Glock in it,,,,you wouldn't notice it due to the nice pistol. I agree with those that said call the manufacturer as I would guess it was accidentily sent to you.

mkh
    Almost looks like the face of Jesus in the blemish. I would put it on EBay and sell it for several thousand dollars.
    Last edited by mkh; March 9th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
    Zombie57 likes this.

One thing I learned in the military was anything leather that wasn't dry rot or have a hole in it can be fixed. If it's out of warranty strip it, sand it, buff it, re-stain it and shine it back up and it will be good as new. You can always find the shade of stain you want from your local shoe store.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links