FNP-9 carry holster

This is a discussion on FNP-9 carry holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a FNP-9MM at a steal of a price. I currently carry my Taurus 605 with a mix of .38 and .357 ...

Thread: FNP-9 carry holster

FNP-9 carry holster

I just picked up a FNP-9MM at a steal of a price. I currently carry my Taurus 605 with a mix of .38 and .357 loads. I use a iwb Don Hume holster for this weappon. I have did some research and cant really find alot of holsters mentioned for the FNP out there. I want to carry this OWB. Anone have any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by beersndeer View Post
    I just picked up a FNP-9MM at a steal of a price. I currently carry my Taurus 605 with a mix of .38 and .357 loads. I use a iwb Don Hume holster for this weappon. I have did some research and cant really find alot of holsters mentioned for the FNP out there. I want to carry this OWB. Anone have any suggestions?
    I believe Fobus makes OWB Evolution holsters for them. I have an FNX-9 and have had trouble finding holsters as well.

I now use a Raven Concealment Phantom holster. They do make them for the FNP, and they also have light-compatible options. Phantom Modular Holster

They can be worn OWB or IWB too, which is a big plus. Ever since mine came I've loved it to death. Hope this helps!
    "Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies." -Lewis Grizzard

Do you put the .38 and .357 in a particular order or do you mix it up for the surprise factor? Welcome aboard btw.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Do you put the .38 and .357 in a particular order or do you mix it up for the surprise factor? Welcome aboard btw.
    Just kinda mix it up. Taking the wife to the range this weekend to see how she handles it loaded with .38's then going to try to get her in a concealed carry class.

I make holsters for the FNP/X series holsters. I would suggest a The Slide for OWB and one of my Double Clip/Snap for IWB.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

The Alessi cqc/s holster for the FNP is very nice. Was at a local gun shop that had one in stock and nearly took it and the gun home. Its OWB with one way snaps.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Actually there are good many that fit (the 9mm and 40 are the same holster wise). Rocky makes them at Pure Kustom, Galco has models, High Noon, of course Crossbreed. When the gun first came out there was a scarcity of holsters but pretty much all the makers have one now.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Thanks for the responses guys.....

Fobus makes a nice holster for this gun and you can get it in either a belt model (which will carry closer to your body):
    Fobus Evolution Series Belt Holster, Right Hand
    or a paddle model, making for an easy on/off:
    Fobus Evolution Series Paddle Holster - Right Hand
    both models are adjustable for retention.
    An armed criminal will kill an unarmed victim with monotonous regularity.

I have an FNP9 I have a holster from Bladetech and one from Littlebear holsters Bladetech UCH3.jpgPraxis2.jpg

I have a Galco Concealable but no longer an FNP9. It's a great holster. I'll make you a really good deal. PM me if interested.

FNP fits all my holsters made for the XD9....even the Blackhawk Serpa.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    FNP fits all my holsters made for the XD9....even the Blackhawk Serpa.
    Agree. It also fits holsters I have for M&P .45 (so does Ruger P345).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I have had my FNP9 for a while now, and for IWB I use my plastic clip Crossbreed Supertuck in horsehide (which gets better with every wear), and a black El Paso Saddlery Snap-off Elite for OWB. Four years ago scarce was for righties...as a lefty, there was less than scarce. I love both holsters, and wouldn't trade either, but there are many more options available today.
    It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Gene Police: "Hey You! Out of the Pool!

I have been reading comments and really appreciate the great information in this forum but I just got a really decent holster from kydextech.com
    KT-FNP-in-fnt.jpgKT-FNP-in-bk.jpgKT-FNP-top.jpgKT-FNP-front-belt.jpg

The first thing I noticed was the detail in the Kyvex and the contoured shape where it fits through the belt. Also, the muzzle end was rounded off giving it a smoother design.

When I slid my FNP-9 into the holster, I was surprised when it made a resounding “click” as it passed over the trigger guard. When I tried to remove the gun, I could feel a noticeable, but not undesirable, resistance until the trigger guard cleared. [not that noticeable when drawing from the holster on my belt].

All the edges were smooth and meet like they’re supposed to in a quality holster. The front and back pieces of Kyvex are joined with 5 rivets as well as 4 screws that hold the standard 1 ˝” belt loops on. It was easy to run my 1 ˝” web belt through the loops and when I snugged it up, the gun and holster just melted into my side naturally. I wear my holster at about 3 o’clock and it feels great. If I want to change the cant, I can just flip one of the belt loops upside down to change the angle.

There is an optional retention strap available that I may use but I’m not sure I need it. Right now, the holster is on sale, not sure for how long, but if you want the retention strap, use the code ROB2012 and he’ll include it for free. If you have a FNP/X with a light, he can do that as well and he has a conversion kit to make these IWB.

Links to bigger pics.
    Front in holster
    Backside in holster
    Back of FNP in holster on belt
    Front of FNP in holster on belt
    Top view of FNP in holster on belt
    Muzzle end of holster

Hope this helps

Links