Silent Thunder holster

This is a discussion on Silent Thunder holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hopefully getting my Walther PPQ tomorrow or Wednesday, and someone had recommended a Garrett Silent Thunder holster. There are 2 that I'm looking at... IWB: ...

Thread: Silent Thunder holster

Silent Thunder holster

Hopefully getting my Walther PPQ tomorrow or Wednesday, and someone had recommended a Garrett Silent Thunder holster. There are 2 that I'm looking at...

IWB: http://garrettindustries.mybigcommer...t-thunder-iwb/

Fusion: http://garrettindustries.mybigcommer...hunder-fusion/

Rather embarrassing question, but since I've never carried, how does one wear these holsters, specifically the fusion? What are the advantages of each? Obviously the IWB is smaller footprint (hip-print??). But there must be some benefit to the fusion. Is the fusion the type that carries in the small of the back?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

I have 3, they are AWESOME holsters - second to none.

The Fusion is new, I don't have any experience with those but they are both IWB holsters - the benefit to the Fusion is two mount points for stability, not a big deal for smaller guns (I carry Kahr's).

To address the question on how you wear an IWB holster. It's pretty simple...the entire holster fits inside your waistband of your pants with only the 'hook' wrapped around your belt. From there you find the best place for you on your torso...what feels right to you. If you're right handed you'll find somewhere between 3 and 5 o'clock carries best....lefty would be be between 9 and 630. Carrying at 6 o'clock can work too but can be a problem if you are in an altercation and fall backwards with the gun between your spine and the ground.

This'll be the first of many holsters so don't get too wrapped up in it....try lots of 'em.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Links