CCW Clothing you hate/love

This is a discussion on CCW Clothing you hate/love within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Lowpt "I personally like wearing tighter shirts and pants." "We like to swing and cruise in tight pants that show our bulges." ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: CCW Clothing you hate/love

Quote Originally Posted by Lowpt View Post
    "I personally like wearing tighter shirts and pants."
    "We like to swing and cruise in tight pants that show our bulges."

Festrunk Brothers.jpeg

- Georg Festrunk (Steve Martin)
    "Two Wild and Crazy Guys"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    I really like wearing regular untucked shirts. My favorite style of shirts are square bottomed Cubavera shirts. They are dressier and neater than the regular shirt giving me the option to wear with slacks and still be half dressed up when going to work on dress down day and casual Fridays. The Cubavera shirts can be found at the department stores (Macy's etc) between $55-100, however you can find them at Marshall's and steinmart from $12-30.

As a cover jacket/vest, I use a Israeli bodyguard jacket. I really like it as it does not look tactical and it's length and fit has been perfect for concealing any gear on my belt. When ordering one, order one size up as they tend to run smaller than we are accustomed to.
    I like Cubavera shirts, especially those 100% Rayon...most comfortable shirts I have ever worn. I am 6'3" 240 lbs. In between sizes of XL and XXL shirt. The larger shirt is more comfortable and hides weapon well. The smaller shirt hides weapon and has a more trimly appearance. I buy my shirts at http://www.cubavera.com/ . They frequently have sales. Sometimes they don't have a complete line of sizes. This style is not for everyone but if you wait for a sale and like the style you should be happy.

An aside: I originally used the link function but this hijacked the link to a different site! What's up with that?
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

Love: Levi 505 jeans, one size larger than I'd wear without a gun IWB, button down collared shirt (typically plaid) or polo shirt, and my locally made leather gun belt.

Hate: anything else.

Phillip
    RichB70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa1466 View Post
    Being old, fat, and gray myself, not to mention cheap, I have come to enjoy the iron-on holster patch (HolsterPatch :: Home). .
    I had not seen these before...cool!
    BadgerJ likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Hammerhead7;2203853]Interesting plethora of opinions...

And to answer the question about "Do BAD really guys really give a hoot about what I am wearing, and why should I even care?" I can answer that with some stories of my PSD days, being posted on my blog Soon. I think it will change your way of thinking.

Ive worked the last 20 years in a large jail, and can say without a doubt that BGs do watch what you wear. Most of it is to see if you have something they can get, But they also size people up and decide if they think they can take people. They are also very aware of what gun carriers look like. And are least likely to bother people who are aware of there surroundings. DR

When I need to be dressed up I am a huge fan of the Guyaberra shirt. Here in FL, I get away with the slightly Latino style of them, and its the only dress shirt that looks good untucked. They were made for concealed carry. If it's cooler out I use an open Hawiian shirt or similar over a t shirt.

Other than those I get away with an untucked t shirt or polo shirt.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

An over size shirt or a Fishing vest works great where I live in a small Rural country town. So it is common to see guy's wearing fishing vest all of the time etc.No one is concerned about who is packing etc.most of the town's residents are CCW holders any way.

Good grief. I avoided the 5.11 vest for years due to mall ninja stigma, but I recently bought one. This thing is sweet. IRL, it doesn't look nearly as mall-ninja-ish as I had thought it would. It covers my appendix OWB rig perfectly, and it can hold a metric ton of stuff besides.

Though I am still waiting for a few more days for me ccl to come in the mail. The plan is iwb t-shirt, botton up shirt over that (that is my normal dress tbo). However I have found a pretty sweet motorcycle vest for when I ride in the warmer weather that has to cc pockets on the inside. I have checked it out in my home (as I don't have my ccl atm) and a full size hg fits perfect and doesn't print. Xelement Men's 10 Pocket Premium Black Leather Vest is the vest there. this website doesn't really discuss it but bikerden does. In the provided link you can see in the third photo there ie a out of place large snap to the left of the zipper. That is the cc area which is located on both sides.

for those of you who are interested it is a very comfortable, durable, and I wouldn't say light but very far from heavy. Also all the pockets are super convienent. extra mags, knife, whatever you want to throw in them. I put my ipod in one of the inside pockets,holds perfect.

Distinguished Member
    My normal attire is: Cargo/tac pants or jeans, t-shirt w/ unbuttoned shirt over it, or a polo (tucked or untucked depending on the occasion).

I do own a vest, but it's hardly what I would call a "shoot me vest." It's a Carhartt work vest with a sherpa lining. I wear it this time of the year when the temps fluctuate between the high 40's and 70's. The morning can be a little chilly, but you can wear the vest throughout the day and not be sweating when it gets warmer. I've actually had people compliment me on this vest and another Carhartt jacket I have saying they look "dressy". I have several different Carhartt coats and they are some of the most durable and warmest I have ever owned.

Attached Images
    RichB70 and zacii like this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Vests make great cover garments for concealed carry and in my neck of the woods are normal attire for many people. As for the "shoot-me-first" vests, say what you will about them those things are very functional.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    My normal attire is: Cargo/tac pants or jeans, t-shirt w/ unbuttoned shirt over it, or a polo (tucked or untucked depending on the occasion).

I do own a vest, but it's hardly what I would call a "shoot me vest." It's a Carhartt work vest with a sherpa lining. I wear it this time of the year when the temps fluctuate between the high 40's and 70's. The morning can be a little chilly, but you can wear the vest throughout the day and not be sweating when it gets warmer. I've actually had people compliment me on this vest and another Carhartt jacket I have saying they look "dressy". I have several different Carhartt coats and they are some of the most durable and warmest I have ever owned.

I have never seen one of these. Good looking vest. Thanks for sharing
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

How about the guy I saw in Mexico (at a resort) wearing the black tshirt with "POLICE" written across his back...

I asked where he worked, and he explained that a friend gave him the shirt to wear. I explained that he might not want to wear his fancy shirt outside the resort, or he'd likely end up as fish food... Some friend, sheesh

i wear woodland camo proppers all the time. with death metal t shirts. thing is, i was wearing them way before i started carrying. it's a metal head thing. so if i get profiled for it, oh well. don't really care.

biker style leather jacket in the winter.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    I have never seen one of these. Good looking vest. Thanks for sharing
    You're welcome. I get most of my Carhartt stuff from Cabela's. They also have their own private label stuff made similar that I've also has good luck with.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Links