CCW Clothing you hate/love

This is a discussion on CCW Clothing you hate/love within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Yoda So you still haven't answered the question. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I generally go for a long sleeve shirt ...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: CCW Clothing you hate/love

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    So you still haven't answered the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I generally go for a long sleeve shirt in a non earth tone, jeans, and Clark shoes, brown or black.

2. Remove Ads

I have and wear all three (my fleece vest is a freebie from a Ducks Unlimited subscription years ago). I love my fanny packs and my BDU's, but I fall into the 50+, bald and grey camp so it's okay.................
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

In my area if you see someone in cargo pants you take them by the hand to the espresso shop, seat them in a faux Parisian chair, hand them a copy of Mother Earth News, and order them a $10 latte. Just a culture thing, I guess.
    hbc likes this.
    Ruger SP101 3" .357
    Taurus 941UL .22WMR
    Mini-14
    H&R Pardner Pump 20

You know, this cracks me up. I got my first carry permit in Montana in the 90s. I started getting a bit more serious about handguns last March. Until then I had never heard of "tactical" pants, shirt, vest, shorts, or underwear. They were just clothes. You bought a gun and holster, learned how to run it, and kept it hidden. How simple is that? I imagine that there were a ton of guys wearing "shoot me first" vests around me, but as I was not one of the annointed at the time, I never noticed. I don't reckon those who are not educated in the ways of the Force could tell if a guy had a gun or not, even if the guy was wearing a Woolrich Elite vest, 5:11 pants and shirt, an ACU pattern hat that screams GLOCK PERFECTION, and wore a sinister, suspicious look on his face for every individual that strayed within the 7 yard kill zone. I kinda doubt that crooks are up to date on our highly advanced, stealthy , and oh yes, "TACTICAL" methods of concealed carry.

But that's just me, me and my vest.
    Last edited by multistage; March 14th, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
    hbc, Yankeejib, Toorop and 8 others like this.

Well said

The one item of CCW clothing that I totally love is my Perry Suspenders. I wear them over a plain soild color tee shirt for comfort, then either a polo or tee shirt over them. I carry my glock 27 IWB in Fist #11 holster.
    The tee conceals it very well. I personally prefer tee's with crazy saying, or unusally graphics. I figure if they are busy reading my shirt, they are not going to notice a bulge on my hip.
    I do avoid gun and ammo tee's because I prefer to go the greyman route.

What's next in this "tactical" world, Concealed Carry Fashion Shows?

(Actually, I don't mind the tips about what is practical and what isn't, but I doubt there is a "shoot me first" fashion unless your pants are down to your knees, your CC britches are showing and your cap's on sideways.)
    Ruger SP101 3" .357
    Taurus 941UL .22WMR
    Mini-14
    H&R Pardner Pump 20

Quote Originally Posted by lazytl View Post
    unless your pants are down to your knees, your CC britches are showing and your cap's on sideways.)
    Now THAT is "shoot me first" attire.

Cool

With the right attire, holster and belt you can also carry larger handguns if desired even in warmer weather.

A S&W Combat Masterpiece in a Hays Convertible IWB/OWB holster with a Bianchi stitched belt conceals quite well.

Image.jpgImage 1.jpgImage 1.jpgImage.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Old and Style challenged

Interesting thread. I never realized there was a "shoot me first" style of clothing. I've had a cpl in WA. state for 30 years. I skipper boats from here to AK and hunt and fish on my off time. I've seen alot of different styles of clothes but none that say "shoot me first".

That being said, I have been through three "shoot me first" situations based on not on the what they were wearing, but the way these people carried themselves. All three ended safely and simply by going from concealed to open carry.

I still wear the safari or barn style coats, and journalist style vests in green or khaki as i have since the 70's. before I started to carry.

I'd hate to be a target for what I wear!!!

I think the "shoot me first" line of clothing ideology is in people's imaginations.

I don't think there is any real data or evidence to support it. What do the bad guys say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jem102 likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Here in Florida it's all about comfort.

This common form of attire is everywhere.

Glock 23 in a High Noon Public Secret IWB.

Attachment 57428Attachment 57429
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

FalRon
    Great while standing or walking, but how do you sit down??

Senior Moderator
    My pet peeve is the Wilderness Instructor belt that every tacticool person has to wear at all times. I have never seen one on a non-gun person. .. not once.

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen I just have yet to see it so when I see a wilderness instructor belt I almost always want to ask, "Whachya' packin'?"

Most often the wilderness instructor belt is accompanied by 5.11 pants and one of their three discreet cover garment shirts. It looks like someone went to their catalog and just bought everything they saw.

Now, I'm not knocking the wilderness belt. I have one. I wear it to the range and I have no issues with instructors who wear it during classes, etc, but for average, everyday wear, it just SCREAMS "GUN!!!" at least to me.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FastFreddie View Post
    Great while standing or walking, but how do you sit down??
    Welcome to the forum FastFreddie.

I bend my legs and place my butt on whatever I am going to sit on.

The holstered firearm rest in the crease of my leg.

Regards,

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I must be getting old - for sure I am showing my age. My favorite CC clothing? A sport coat or a suit coat! I wear them as often as possible. My shoulder holsters are concealed well as are my hip holsters. I also have mine tailored according to the means in which I carry. I have a couple of
    light weight and heavy weight vests and they are ok (shoulder holsters show through the arm hole on the ones I have, however) and I don't like to
    wear an untucked shirt (although I do from time to time). Sport coats and summer weight jackets are best for me.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links