CCW Clothing you hate/love

This is a discussion on CCW Clothing you hate/love within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cargo Pants Nylon Belts "Shoot Me First" Vests What are your favorites and least favorites? Dress “Down” Essentials Hammerhead Combat Systems...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: CCW Clothing you hate/love

• Cargo Pants
    • Nylon Belts
    • "Shoot Me First" Vests

What are your favorites and least favorites?

Dress “Down” Essentials Hammerhead Combat Systems

would never have a shoot me first vest. I carry IWB in jeans and a black leather Mac tools scratchless belt. a T-shirt covers it.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

Quote Originally Posted by FPW823 View Post
    would never have a shoot me first vest. I carry IWB in jeans and a black leather Mac tools scratchless belt. a T-shirt covers it.
    I still see people wearing the stupid things. Not sure of it is just old people who don't know any better or CCWers.

VIP Member
    I carry IWB in all attire. I don't own a vest, and am perfectly comfortable carrying a full-sized Glock in as little as shorts and T-shirt. I wear a Wilderness Instructor except when dressing formally, when I use a Brommeland custom leather belt.
    Azchief likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I carry IWB at 3 oclock. No vest usually a G23, normal rotation include a sig p238, px4c, kimber 1911 in winter
    Justified likes this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I love my 1-1/4" Beltman belts with the Velcro liner.

I hate that when I bought them I had a 36" waist and bought 38" belts. I now have a 38" waist, and things are gettin' tight!
    RichB70, nerdyvirgin and Hulley like this.

I still see people wearing the stupid things (shoot me first vests)
    I resemble that. I have a bunch of vests, but they match my cowboy boots and my cowboy hats. Not quite like ladies shoes and purses, but yes, I do wear vests. But I live in Colorado, and I ride a horse too, and drive a Suburban.

My outfits probably wouldn't be as inconspicuous in, say, Boston. Out here, it's the norm.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Does Smartcarry count? If so, love it.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccwguy View Post
    I love my 1-1/4" Beltman belts with the Velcro liner.

I hate that when I bought them I had a 36" waist and bought 38" belts. I now have a 38" waist, and things are gettin' tight!
    A Wilderness Instructor would give you LOTS of room to grow.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I'd like to love those "carry shirts", the square bottomed ones with snaps and fake buttons. Great idea. I can't fall in love though since they have those giveaway Velcro vents at the bottom.

I never wear just a T shirt any more because I am a Gentleman. I've been into the "bowling shirt" look for a lot longer than I've been carrying. Charlie Sheen's character in "Two and a Half Men" had the style down pat. I think you can even buy those exact shirts on the Web.

I must have learned it from my big bellied, revolver packing Uncle.
    mrkurt and Darrow75 like this.

VIP Member
    Those shoot me first vests just crack me up. Every time I see one it's an older gent that you just know has a 1911 on him. LOL
    redsaber75 likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Regarding the "shoot me first vests" I think we tend to give people too much credit regarding their observation skills. They don't even see where they are going most of the time. Let alone us, printing, or a vest. lol

Quote Originally Posted by redsaber75 View Post
    I still see people wearing the stupid things. Not sure of it is just old people who don't know any better or CCWers.
    Someone once told me, many years ago (I'm one of the "just old people who don't know any better"), that its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to speak and remove all doubt.

Sooooooo, on that note I try not to listen to "self appointed" fashionistas who always know best for those of us tooo ignorant to dress ourselves in public. I wear CARGO PANTS, tactical pants, slacks, thick leather "GUN" belts, carpenter jeans (doesn't make me a carpenter), suits, sportcoats, shirts with squared hems outside the pant, and oh my, forgive me, "Shoot me VESTS"...I could personally care less if every Citizen Sheep in the field is aware that I MIGHT be carrying just by judging me on the way I dress. As for the Wolves, those that are dumb are going to bring their game regardless, those Wolves with intelligence might accidentally avoid starting the game IF they notice that "Shoot me first Vest", and other SheepDogs of like mind will simply acknowledge and file away in their own mind that a like minded person could perhaps be in their midst. I know, I know, now I'm going to hear from the folks that don't like the analogy of Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs. It's just an analogy...Get over it!

Call yourself what you will, approach YOUR dress the way you want, and have the mindset to carry out those actions that will be necessary in the event you or your loved ones are threatened. I will do the same. Be careful when assuming that the "age" and "dress" of an individual is indicative of their willingness or lack thereof, or ability or lack thereof, to do what is necessary when the time comes. You might just judge them wrong. Of course I meet stupid people every day that just don't know any better!!! OH, by the way...I carry a Glock 19, Gen 3, OWB and a Glock 26, Gen 3 for a BUG IF I need one...Haven't yet added a 1911 to my stable...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Honestly, I really do not know what is worse. I am not an imposing character at 5'7" and buy the way I move, some may be able to see the years have not been kind to my back and knees. I think most young guys will think they could take me down easily, and they may be right. I am slower and weaker than I once was. I do not advertise that I have been a gun guy all my life and I do not dress like one. I look like a typical grand fatherly guy who does not look for trouble.

Does looking vulnerable to attack invite attack? Does looking ready for a fight invite a more savage and sudden an attack? Personally, my experience is that people like soft targets when they can find them. I understand surprise is one of the tactical advantages I may have in reacting to an attack. But is it really the fact that I ultimately look weaker that makes me a target? Nobody chooses a death match with someone who has the odds in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    Regarding the "shoot me first vests" I think we tend to give people too much credit regarding their observation skills. They don't even see where they are going most of the time. Let alone us, printing, or a vest. lol
    I agree. Honestly, up until this point I had never even thought of people wearing vests as a being at any more risk than anyone else. To be honest, I think that even if I asked a few LEO buddies they would probably say that a vest was no real reason to suspect anybody of concealed carrying unless it was being worn in the dead of summer. I trust the observation skills of an LEO far more than the observation skills of a common thug (which I have dealt with many)

On a side note:

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I know, I know, now I'm going to hear from the folks that don't like the analogy of Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs. It's just an analogy...Get over it!
    I like that analogy, I don't see why anyone wouldn't.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links