Clipdraw?

This is a discussion on Clipdraw? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never used it. I dont like the idea of the trigger not being protected. As if shooting off your man parts isnt bad enough, you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Clipdraw?

Never used it. I dont like the idea of the trigger not being protected.

As if shooting off your man parts isnt bad enough, you will then be greeted by 300 threads explaining why you are an idiot for carrying that way. Just sayin

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    i don't know where "here" is but i carry a gun and practice SA so as to avoid even the opportunity of a fist fight.
    i'll bite---do you ask someone to hold your beer 1st? or let it spill when the fists start flying

seriously, if you are carrying a gun and hanging out where it is likely that there will be fist fights

id question weather it is proper to be there or for you to have the gun...and go there.
    I will start with this. I'm getting some years on me and my lifestyle has changed dramatically but here's the deal. If some piece of excrement decides it's a good idea to grab my wifes ass, wherever we may be, there's gonna be a fight. Things happen whether they should or not and we don't have to be in a bar for them to happen. There is human garbage everywhere.

Moving on. Sometimes self defense situations occur or start with empty hands. Attacks by multiple assailants often happen with no weapons. While we should always be aware of our surroundings, being switched on 100% of the time is impossible. All that has to happen is to be distracted walking across the parking lot and not see the BG crouched behind a car. We don't have to get hit very hard to end up on the ground.

I don't know what my fight will be, but I'm not going to let myself believe that SA will always keep me off the BG's radar. Practicing avoidance is fine but preparation for as many situations as possible is more important. Not having my pistol fall out on the ground are part of those preparations.

I use a clip draw on a 642 reviler see in my avatar, I really like it and since it has a DA trigger on the 642 it is safe enough for me. I would not use a clip draw on a striker fired pistol.

Clip Draw - Love It !!!

I use a Clip Draw on a my Taurus TCP when carrying it and love it! Easy access - quick draw - comfortable - and I believe SAFE or else I wouldn't use it. And "No" I don't have a shell in the tube. I can draw comfortably (admittedly in non-critical situation) in less than 2 seconds. If seeing the gun plus a verbal warning doesn't halt what's in progress then it's a half second to rack the slide. Yeah it's not quite as fast perhaps as my 38 Spec - but when the TCP first comes out even if my trigger finger does get over anxious the gun's not going to go bang by accident!

i use the clip draw on two j-frames. best thing going. gun will not come out moving around. the trigger is covered by my pants/underwear. i used the kel tec clip on a p3at and p11. same as the clip draw. i would not get all worked up about the cover of the trigger. the trigger is covered by your pants/underwear/shirt.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Yes, until a button on your shirt manages to get caught on the trigger when you stretch and you find yourself in the er with a surgeon explaining how you are now one down.....

There's no good reason not to carry in a holster that covers the trigger safely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links