Clipdraw?

This is a discussion on Clipdraw? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone use a Clipdraw? I've been thinking about getting a Ruger LCP or Keltec P32 and putting a Clipdraw on it to use as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Clipdraw?

Clipdraw?

Does anyone use a Clipdraw?

I've been thinking about getting a Ruger LCP or Keltec P32 and putting a Clipdraw on it to use as a BUG or a gun to slip into my waistband when I let the dog out, and I'm curious as to how they hold up and how comfortable they are.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

2. Remove Ads

The forum's search engine is your friend. There have been many discussions about the Clipdraw, and many pictures posted.

Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

KelTec with Clip

My 1st gen KelTec P32 came new with a clip attached to it. It works very well to slip inside your waist band but I will not carry one in the chamber when I carry that way. It is very comfortable.

Not a fan of any carry where the holster is not covered.
    As noted above, there has been a lot of discussion about it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sorry guys, it was a bit late and I didn't think to search before I posted. I'm very much on the fence with this, because part of me understands the whole trigger issue, but at the same time my intent is for short term usage, mostly taking my dog out early in the morning or late at night when I just have sweatpants on. Thank you for your opinions and links, I definitely have more thinking to do.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Sorry guys, it was a bit late and I didn't think to search before I posted. I'm very much on the fence with this, because part of me understands the whole trigger issue, but at the same time my intent is for short term usage, mostly taking my dog out early in the morning or late at night when I just have sweatpants on. Thank you for your opinions and links, I definitely have more thinking to do.
    You should look into a Remora holster for if you are looking for something to use with sweatpants. I think you will find it is a much safer option in a sense that you could carry one in the hole and feel good about it.
    bigmacque and accessbob like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    You should look into a Remora holster for if you are looking for something to use with sweatpants. I think you will find it is a much safer option in a sense that you could carry one in the hole and feel good about it.
    - I agree 100%. I have a clipdraw on my Ruger LCP and while it's convenient, it shifts more than I would like. If you are looking for a minimalist holster, look at the Remora. You don't need a clip and it doesn't shift. It's also very inexpensive. You'll find lots of glowing reviews of it.
    accessbob likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member
    Cover that trigger.....
    Guest1 likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I don't worry about the uncovered trigger as much as the possibility of the gun being pushed up out of your pants as you sit down or get up or bend over, this happened to my wife at Mcdonalds and nobody saw the p3at hit the flore.

John

WHY!?

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I have to second the Remora suggestion. When used well, they don't slip anywhere, and the added versatility of using it as a pocket holster just adds to the benefits. I carry mine in a Remora in just about every situation, including gym shorts, pocket of my cargo pants, tucked into my jeans ..... it's so quick and easy and effective it's almost a shame that I've spent some good money on nice leather.

'Course ..... the nice leather really looks good in the right situation.
    accessbob likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Chances of getting into fist fight are far greater than getting into gun fight. I'm not sure if I would trust a clip draw if I were rolling around on the ground.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rick21 View Post
    Chances of getting into fist fight are far greater than getting into gun fight. I'm not sure if I would trust a clip draw if I were rolling around on the ground.
    i don't know where "here" is but i carry a gun and practice SA so as to avoid even the opportunity of a fist fight.
    i'll bite---do you ask someone to hold your beer 1st? or let it spill when the fists start flying

seriously, if you are carrying a gun and hanging out where it is likely that there will be fist fights

id question weather it is proper to be there or for you to have the gun...and go there.

---------------------

the clip has worked fine on my P-11 since day 1. though i dress with a thin belt when
    that is the gun i am going to carry. at 4 0'clock IWB. you must exercise caution when
    putting it on--use both hands to make sure the clothing (shirt tail and inside of the pants material)
    does not get caught up.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

My friend uses a clipdraw for his G22 and loves it, I don't have any personal experience though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links