G27 ankle holster for a friend

This is a discussion on G27 ankle holster for a friend within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not a fan of ankle holsters, but he is looking for a good ankle holster to accommodate his G27. I told him about crossbreed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G27 ankle holster for a friend

I'm not a fan of ankle holsters, but he is looking for a good ankle holster to accommodate his G27. I told him about crossbreed but that's obviously not what he is looking for.

so I'm just gonna link him to this thread and see what people recommend.

Thanks everyone

VIP Member
    I know this isn't what you asked and not what your friend wants to hear. If you really really really absolutely
    must use an ankle holster, use it with your smallest lightest weight weapon.

Who wants to walk around with that thing hanging there. Your legs will wear out. Your skin will get
    abraded. You can't reach the dang thing anyway except when you are sitting in a car.

I think your friend should re-consider his various choices.

But since you didn't ask me-- Uncle Mikes should cure him.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I carry a Sig 232 as a backup to my primary concealed in a Uncle Mike medium ankle holster. It's comfortable, light weight and securable. A large size will hold a G27. I thought about putting mine down on my ankle when I carry my G23 but I don't wear pants that have enough slack at the bottom to allow me to efficiently get to backup if I need to. If I need to go there I will need it quick and I don't want to get hung up getting it out. He may want to take that into consideration. He can always try it but remind him to train with it don't just put it there and forget about it. He needs to know he can work with it efficiently or it's no good.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

I like an ankle holster for a smaller handgun, such as my S&W 36. But where I really find one useful is on a longer car trip. Using an ankle holster, even for my 1911, keeps it really handy. Even in the summer, wearing shorts, I will use the ankle holster while I am in the car, pop it off and pocket the gun when I stop for gas/breaks, then back on when I am ready to go. For his Glock 27, if he likes a molded holster, check out:
    Fobus Ankle Holsters - Right Hand
    or if he wants leather, take a look at:
    Gould & Goodrich Gold Line Ankle Holster - Right Hand
    Remember, for a right-handed draw, the gun is worn on the left ankle.
    An armed criminal will kill an unarmed victim with monotonous regularity.

I have a Glock 26 which is the same size as your friend's 27. I own and sometimes carry mine in a Galco ankle glove. It is neoprene and leather with sheep skin padding. It is super comfortable. I highly recommend that he spend the extra money for it over a cheaper one with no padding.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I am going to try Gould & Goodrich Gold Line Ankle Holster per OldSarge's post. See how well the ankle holster works. I usually have baggy pants so may work out. My car has a tight seat so anything on my waste may get in the way. I also have a Thunderwear belt but it's not to comfortable. My try a better quality belt hoster next like the crossbreed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedZ06 View Post
    I am going to try Gould & Goodrich Gold Line Ankle Holster per OldSarge's post. See how well the ankle holster works. I usually have baggy pants so may work out. My car has a tight seat so anything on my waste may get in the way. I also have a Thunderwear belt but it's not to comfortable. My try a better quality belt hoster next like the crossbreed.

Thanks for the feedback!
    my seat doesn't bother me with a belt holster ;) (Unless you got your new seats of course lol)

good to see you here bud! Lots of good information here! very active here!

I've carried my Glock 26 in an Uncle Mike's which was okay. However, when I picked up a S&W 642, I also got the Galco Ankle Glove. The Galco is extremely comfortable. I plan on getting one for my Glock in the future.

Do you have the additional support strap for the Galco?

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Do a search of renegade...you will find nothing but glowing reviews relating to comfort and concealability.....it's also priced right at around 50 buckas...I usually carry an airweight in mine but even my 23 ounce DS is comfortable in it...and those jeans are straight leg wranglers...with the cuff down, you can't even see a bulge....:)

I carry a Glock 27 in a Ritchie ankle holster. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. You want retention, ease of presentation and stability on the ankle. Ritchie fills the bill. Make sure your friend realizes that he will have to carefully select the trousers he wears and watch out for any Pearce additions to the mags. The longer ones will print.

It will take a couple of weeks of wear to get used to the weight difference on your ankle. A good ankle holster will not chafe or shift on your ankle. Most people don't give it the time to get used to the method of carry.

make sure he gets a leg training weight for the other leg so he doesn't walk funny; a 2lb gun will throw off you dance steps

Funny I asked for my friend... my new job might reveal I IWB and I don't want ppl at work frekig out already. lol... I might need ankle holster myself. I will pocket carry my PF9 until I can find a better way to conceal my MP9 now... I don't want that thing catching on my t-shirt when I have to bend down to pick something up

one thing to note is that I'm a lefty and it will be for a S&W MP9c

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links