Uncle Mike's Reflex holster

This is a discussion on Uncle Mike's Reflex holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never been a huge fan of Uncle Mike's holsters. I have a pocket holster that works pretty well, but most of their stuff seemed to ...

Thread: Uncle Mike's Reflex holster

Never been a huge fan of Uncle Mike's holsters. I have a pocket holster that works pretty well, but most of their stuff seemed to be all about soft gear. I recently picked up one of their new Reflex holsters after seeing one put to use in an 4" XD .40 like mine. I love the way the retention works on this rig. Pulling up does nothing but jerk your pants up; but give a little inward twist of the handle and the pistol is released. I have a Serpa rig form my 4.5" XDm 9mm, but this Reflex is the right fit for the more stout XD. Shipped for less than $35, a great deal for a great holster.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Looks like a nice holster. I wonder how much harder it would be to complete the twist & draw with "Dunlop disease" and/or pressed against a car seat, wall, etc. I've been looking for something new for my PT145 and this just might be it, since some certain holster makers with designs I like don't make their product for my firearm.

Oh wait, I just checked the fit chart. Guess what...

Item No. Fit Information

74211 Glock 17, 19, 22, 23
    74221 Sig Sauer P220, P226
    74271 Springfield XD, XDM
    74111 Commander 1911 (Coming Soon)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

sgb
    I'm not convinced that complicating the draw stroke is a good thing. Further based on the video the holster just isn't well suited for Concealed carry.

As retention holsters go I have yet to see anything that beats the Safariland ALS system (6377) though the 5.11 thumb drive is a close second.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Links