White Hat Max Tuck vs Crossbreed Supertuck Delux

This is a discussion on White Hat Max Tuck vs Crossbreed Supertuck Delux within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With my tax return I'm getting a new gun and a holster to go with it. I was wondering if anyone on the boards has ...

Thread: White Hat Max Tuck vs Crossbreed Supertuck Delux

White Hat Max Tuck vs Crossbreed Supertuck Delux

With my tax return I'm getting a new gun and a holster to go with it. I was wondering if anyone on the boards has owned both a White Hat MaxTuck and a Crossbreed SuperTuck Delux, and compare and contrast the two. They appear very similar, but I'm more inclined to buy a White Hat MaxTuck because they are $10 less expensive and they don't charge you extra for a combat cut. Individual reviews on either are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

I use the white hat and am very happy with it. Customer service was also exceptional.

Crossbreed Supertuck owner, and proud of it. Don't know anything about the "White Hat". Remember; You get what you pay for.

I was in the same boat, and looked at multiple hybrids. I ended up with Max Tuck. I liked the versatility of being able to change the kydex to a different firearm without having to purchase a whole new rig. I'm using mine with a Glock 19 and I don't regret it one bit.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    The CrossBreed is a great product, been using one for about 3 years, have not had a need to use their customer service they have great quality.

The MaxTuck also has options for Kydex that is different color, or has certain patterns on it which does make it a more attractive option. But all and all I want what is gonna conceal my Glock 32 best while wearing shirts of a tighter fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Remember; You get what you pay for.
    In most cases, a piece of leather with Kydex riveted to it. I like mine stitched on with Kevlar thread for a few bucks less than the CB.

http://www.shtfgear.com/

I tried most of the others. SHTF Gear is what I will use from now on.

DC
    I have a Horsehide White Hat and like it very much. It's easy to make your own "combat cut" and other tweaks. I posted some pics of mine in the White Hat forum. Since posting those pics I've cut off one more hole for a harder can't.

Use a new razor blade to cut after roughing a cut line with a pen/sharpie, then use fine sandpaper to smooth/round-off the edge. I used vasoline to finish off the clean look. Primitive but effective.

Can't speak for the White Hat version but have the Cross Breed Super Tuck. I didn't pay for the combat cut but thought better of it recently and made my own 'adjustment' with a razor. Much better. For the money I'd say either company looks about the same. They're both sponsors so feel free to try either and report back.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

My White Hat Max Tuck in horsehide just shipped today and should hopefully be in my mailbox Monday or Tuesday, really looking forward to getting it broke in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    two crossbreed super tucks love them and tried many others for me that's where my money goes tried cheaper stuff and regifted... instead of throwing it away or letting it collect dust
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

There more or less the same thing, but with White Hat, you have MANY more options as far a customization. Plus the HUGE plus is you can change what gun it holds, which to most is HUGE!

I have the CB ST and have been pretty happy w it for about 2 years. I recently sent them an email saying my metal clips had bent a few times and I was having to bend them back with pliers. Probably because I'm too fat, but never the less they shipped me a new pair of clips at no charge right away. Pretty good CS.

Links