Pocket holster for a SW 642

This is a discussion on Pocket holster for a SW 642 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The best holster for in the pocket or waste band in sticky holsters. stickyholster.com , I have three of them, they work. The REmora does ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pocket holster for a SW 642

The best holster for in the pocket or waste band in sticky holsters. stickyholster.com, I have three of them, they work. The REmora does not compare to Sticky Holsters, I Had a Remora, material is not good quality and created a rash when up against your skin. Sticky holsters are far superior. They also have the most comfortable ankle holster.

2. Remove Ads

Try a Kramer pocket holster. I've carried my 642 this way for 15 years. Love it. Here's a tip: get a set of Pachmayr Compac grips for a better hold on your 642. You'll probaly need to have your tailor deepen your strong side pocket to conceal it but it's an ideal way to carry this excellent cc gun.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Desantis nemesis is the best I have found
    I used to also think this. But, over time my nemesis has failed me. It no longer stays in my pocket when I draw. So, I went back to the Mika. I always liked the Mika, but I used the Nemesis more often since it was thinner.

I think I might call Desantis since the holster caved in.
    NRA Life Member

GOA Member

My version of the pocket holster for my always, everywhere 442.

This is my version of the pocket holster for my 442.
    Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images

I use either a Mika, or a RKBA pocket holster for my 442.

I must say that I like the Mika better, for deployment. They both print about the same...

There are little things that I don't like about each one, so km always looking for something else.

I don't like the Mika's poor retention, bit that's a trade off for rapid presentation.

The RKBA holster started with better retention, but after using it a while it loosened up a lot. And it never really broke in well to the shape of the gun.

YMMV

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I carry a 642 in a GALCO PRO 158. The soft suede "smoothes out" the outline to really appear natural. Since I always pocket carry, I have my seamstress extend and reinforce the right front pocket in all of my trousers and jeans. and this brings the rig further down on my thigh. The soft outline makes the gun and holster appear like a natural part of my leg.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I'll send this pocket holster, FREE of charge, to anyone who who would like to try my version for a S&W 442 (or like frame) depicted three posts above!
    First in wins!
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by OutEast; June 14th, 2012 at 11:16 AM.

VIP Member
    Safariland inside the pocket holster...simply the best choice for pocket carry. I've tried a lot of holsters and this is the best. It is my choice for my S&W 637. I have a second one for my LCP.

These are gun specific fit holsters, made from synthetic material. The inside of the holster is very smooth, while the outside is a rough out material. The holsters have a grip fit and will stay in the pocket during high speed draws. And boy are they fast. The holsters are also thin, molded to the gun, without a lot of bulk, but they do breakup the outline of the gun. Simply the best I have found, and easy on the wallet too.

Make this simple, call High Noon Holsters, Florida, they have a great stocking itme pocket holster

My 642 rides in a Mika the majority of the time, but I have a few pair of pants or shorts that have pockets that fit a Nemesis a little better
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

RE: Pocket holster for S&W 442

Mike,

I'd like to take you up on your offer! Can you PM me for my address information?

Thanks,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by OutEast View Post
    I'll send this pocket holster, FREE of charge, to anyone who who would like to try my version for a S&W 442 (or like frame) depicted three posts above!
    First in wins!
    Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Safariland inside the pocket holster...simply the best choice for pocket carry. I've tried a lot of holsters and this is the best. It is my choice for my S&W 637. I have a second one for my LCP.

These are gun specific fit holsters, made from synthetic material. The inside of the holster is very smooth, while the outside is a rough out material. The holsters have a grip fit and will stay in the pocket during high speed draws. And boy are they fast. The holsters are also thin, molded to the gun, without a lot of bulk, but they do breakup the outline of the gun. Simply the best I have found, and easy on the wallet too.
    Exactly.

25.jpg
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I have an uncle mikes that works well. It is relatively thin, not sure how it compares to the nemesis. I use it often. I pocket carry in slacks and 5.11 pants. Don't like to pocket carry in jeans so i don't use it for them. I put a 442 in it.

Good luck and let us know what u end up with.
    I have both the Uncle Mike's #3 and the DeSantis Nemisis. The DeSantis is a bit thicker than the Uncle Mike's #3. The Nemisis is far more stable in my pocket than the Uncle Mike's due the wider flat bottom of the Nemisis. The Uncle Mike's move around in my pocket. The more-mobile-in-my-pocket Uncle Mike's is thus a bit more comfortable to wear than the more static DeSantis.

I carry a 642-2 in a GALCO PRO 158 suede holster. I have found that this holster rides more naturally in my pocket and the suede actually moves with my body and does a better job of concealing the outline of the gun. This rig literally dissolves into my body contours. It is very well made, a little more expensive, but well worth the money.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCommish View Post
    Exactly.

25.jpg
    Hmm this may be perfect. I just got an Uncle Mikes #3 for my 642 and while it is 'ok' I worry about the revolver sliding out of my pocket sometimes...any more details on this holster compared to the uncle mikes?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links