Best IWB for Glock 23 - Page 2

Best IWB for Glock 23

This is a discussion on Best IWB for Glock 23 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been using the High Noon Public Secret for several years now for my Glock 23 and would recommended it highly. Slide guard, re-enforced ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best IWB for Glock 23

Cool

I have been using the High Noon Public Secret for several years now for my Glock 23 and would recommended it highly.

Slide guard, re-enforced holster mouth, sight track and heavy duty belt clip (or you can get straps).

photo.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpgImage 3.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

OS
    Last edited by Old School; March 18th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I like Dale Fricke products:

Dale Fricke Holsters
    Agreed, When I carry my G23 it is in a Dale Fricke Arch Angel AIWB.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I took your advice whododat and picked up a Don Hume soft pocket (H715) for $20 at the gun show this weekend to see if it is my type of carry, I looked at the Remora's they had there too,, could probably use one for casual wear.
    MTAC, High Noon, AKJ, Brommeland,and Dale Fricke, oh yeah, and the UBG Becker all look good, (Kydex looks thin and really stiff) and I think a cant at 4:30 will be the ticket.

As far as an outside, I was looking at the Tagua BH1-130 leather with thumbbreak, I like the forward cant and the thumbbreak acts as a slide guard. Any thoughts? (seemed like a good go between at $45 bucks, the high noon was pretty sweet, maybe it's worth it to step up and buy a better one the first time around and save the dough!)

Great community,, thanks again!

Distinguished Member
    Just in case someone else sees this thread and wants more info on the Remora. My Brother-in-Law, up until 3 weeks ago used a belt held Kydex/Leather holster. Not sure of the brand. But he went and tried the Remora for his Glock 23 (size 10 ART with Tuck In option so he can wear a dress shirt tucked in and it stays put like it always does). He now swears that he will not go back, nor use anything else. He says it is comfortable, is flexible enough so it can be put at any clock position with any angle he likes.

I have one for my PF9 and will be getting one for my M&P .45.

So, anyway, if you want a good IWB holster that is very flexible in how you can wear it and it is $29.95 (+ $12.50 if you want the tuck in option), Remora is a way to go.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Just in case someone else sees this thread and wants more info on the Remora. My Brother-in-Law, up until 3 weeks ago used a belt held Kydex/Leather holster. Not sure of the brand. But he went and tried the Remora for his Glock 23 (size 10 ART with Tuck In option so he can wear a dress shirt tucked in and it stays put like it always does). He now swears that he will not go back, nor use anything else. He says it is comfortable, is flexible enough so it can be put at any clock position with any angle he likes.

I have one for my PF9 and will be getting one for my M&P .45.

So, anyway, if you want a good IWB holster that is very flexible in how you can wear it and it is $29.95 (+ $12.50 if you want the tuck in option), Remora is a way to go.
    I didn't realize that Remora has a tuckable version. I just place mine IWB at appendix just to the right of my buttons, in between my shirt and t-shirt. If I had to draw, I would just rip the buttons open and reach in to draw. That works well with a subcompact like my LC9.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

If you like Iwb. It's worth it to step up and buy a better holster.= You will save $$. I like the ones that re holster. But not really needed. When you carry your not going to pull it out and put it back much. I like them for the range ect.. IMO you will always want if you don't. Becker works good with my G27. Simple ~8:oclock. Can tuck in shirt if I want. Good retention. Under $90 with FB discount. 4 weeks to get it.

+1 on the Remora

I use a Galco King Tuk for my G23. I love it.

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

I carry my Glock 19 (same size as the 23) in a Comptac CTAC with C clips. I forget I'm wearing it and it conceals great under a t-shirt.

Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDetailer View Post
    retsupt99... does that have a sweat shield or is the back cut even with the front?
    You can order it either way... with or without the body protector...a difference of about $8, I believe.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Comp-Tac MTAC.... Been using it almost every day for about 2 years... Haven't found anything better yet... YMMV..

Crossbreed Holsters > Home I own five of the Super Tuck Deluxe including one that makes my Glock 30 disappear even under a t-shirt and so comfortable I've fallen asleep in my "DAD'S EASY CHAIR" while wearing it! Super fast draw and comfy and so concealable, I've been armed in the presence of the Secret Service and it's not been detected.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

DeSantis Scorpion is my go-to IWB holster for the G19/23 year round actually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links