Galco Problem!

This is a discussion on Galco Problem! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Glaco Stow-And-Go IWB Holster for the S&W M&P Compact W/Thumb Safety.But i think it was made for W/out Safety My problem ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jarhead79

Thread: Galco Problem!

Galco Problem!

I just bought a Glaco Stow-And-Go IWB Holster for the S&W M&P Compact W/Thumb Safety.But i think it was made for W/out Safety

My problem is the holster will only go in upto the Safety, there still some space inside the holster. Should that be a problem?

I called Galco and asked someone about my problem he said that it should be fine. He told me that the metal part should stretch but thats alot of stretching.

What do you guys think?

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    I think you get what you pay for (poor fit) when buying inexpensive holsters.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

do you think that should be a problem?

VIP Member
    I once bought a Galco for my Taurus PT-145 Pro. I had to put the gun into and out of the holster several hundered times so that the safety lever could wear a groove to fit into. I also shortcut the system by using a knife. I have not found Galco to be a particularly good value, but you have it, so you will either have to return it or make it work.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Only you can determine if the fit is a "problem" based on your experience, the holster and the gun. Galco has a generous return policy, and/or you can wait until Monday and try customer service again and see if you find someone more responsive to your questions.

Edited to Add:

Based on my most recent look at the Galco catalog, it does appear the Stow-and-Go is listed in the "Search" function for the M&P 9/40 with Ambi Safety, HOWEVER, when "selected" it does not show as an option.

That leads me to believe you need to: 1) Call Galco again and press them so that you are comfortable with the answer; 2) Return it or 3) Keep it and use it after a break-in period if it then does what you want.

Good luck.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

The only Galco holster that is a fair value for the money is the Miami Classic II shoulder holster. If I had the money though I would buy the Mitch Rosen shoulder holster which is the best of the best. But............I normally carry IWB holsters and prefer Mitch Rosen's offerings. Never could get use to Milt Sparks Versa Max II.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Leather? wet a cotton ball, or something similar that will hold water, set it inside the holster on the trouble spot, so the water will transfer to the leather. Shouldn't take too long. Put your empty, bagged gun in to the holster and manipulate the leather to the shape that you desire it to be. Let it dry. Your gun doesn't need to be in it to dry, unless the leather won't hold shape with it removed.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I'd try letting it stretch first. If that doesn't work you can try to file down the holster to accommodate you gun's safety.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Links