Beltless holster option?

This is a discussion on Beltless holster option? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the Remora with the Kydex reinforced top for easy re-holstering....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Beltless holster option?

I have the Remora with the Kydex reinforced top for easy re-holstering.

2. Remove Ads

When did they start using Kydex?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    When did they start using Kydex?
    Well, they use a Kydex clip (optional) on the Inside Tuck option. But the FAQ says this about the RFT:

Quote Originally Posted by Remora
    The reinforced top holster with the plastic band laminated into the holster was designed for off duty law enforcement or those who need or want to be able to single hand re-holster. If single handed re holstering is not an issue we suggest that you go with the Regular “No-Clip, No-Slip” holster which is softer with a lower profile and easier to conceal.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Ahh, gotcha... thought it was just a rolled top. That's the kind I had, unless they changed it recently.

IMO all holster need a belt. Clips need on because my pants will sag. I like a belt with my Remora also. Can be a thin one not a gun belt. I like to control the compression. The reinforced remora isn't going to collapse. Isn't going to fall out either. It holds and doesn't move at all if you have a belt to help with the compression. I would rather use a remora then a cheap clip holster. But I still like loops or clips better. The remora for me is quick and easy. If I need to take it off put it back. But the clip holster I have have more comfort. The Remora does add bulk imo. I don't like Kydex holster. Those I always need to buy bigger pants. I have crossbreed and others. I prefer leather first. Remora second. But to keep with the topic you can use any holster without a belt just may make your pants sage. Smaller guns may not be a problem .JMO

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    +1 Remora
    Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster

I own 2 of them and my wife owns 1 (1 for each of our handguns).
    I love this holister I wear it daily with some what loose jeans no belt. stays where I place it.

Remora hands down.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Ahh, gotcha... thought it was just a rolled top. That's the kind I had, unless they changed it recently.
    You may have had the original, which I currently have for my PF9. That is not as easy to re-holster. My original also has the tuck option which puts a flap with a soft bit of material in between the flap and the holster but the flap has the same sticky material on the outside so it holds to the pants but still lets you tuck in your shirt. For my M&P 45 I have the reinforced top for easy re-holstering but it also is the ART which has the lower cut so the handle is easier to grab.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I just got the Remora, and am giving it the trial run. So far, I like it.

What I have used, and may be an option for many, is this:

http://www.pistolwear.com/ProductDet...a1321470134895

I really like this. It's extremely comfortable, very secure, and offers deep concealment. The retention is excellent (I've jogged with it on). My only complaint is it's not the easiest system for getting to your weapon quickly.

A clip holster may not be very effective, but a paddle holster 'might' work.
    A proper belt makes it all work correctly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Remora for my G-19. Had it for more than a month and it works great! Really fantastic.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

I just purchased a LCP and have a Remora holster to try out with it on its way to me now! Of course an LCP weighs a bit less than the M&P, which I also have and have carried for a few years now.

You could definitely use a paddle holster. I have a Safariland paddle holster that I love to wear when I'm up in the mountains out in the woods. I believe it's the 6377 with thumb break mechanism and something like it would most likely work for a situation like you are talking about. Mine has a sort of hook on the inside of the paddle that is designed to grab a hold of the bottom lip of a belt, but even if I don't have a belt on it manages to grab a hold of something.

Also, I'm not sure why there is so much tension around someone liking a Remora holster? I can't really say one way or the other, but if it turns out I hate it I still won't have any issues with someone else loving it so much they enjoy telling other people about it....just sayin.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Distinguished Member
    Forgot to mention, the other reason I like the Remora. It actually helps keep my pants up with my normal belt instead of putting weight which fights at pulling them down.
    Crescentstar likes this.
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I have one of the non-reinforced top, non-ART Remoras, and I'm not a big fan. It's OK, but not my first choice unless i want something to just grab as I go out. I might like it better if I had the reinforced top ART version, but it still isn't as securely in place as a clip or paddle.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    I have one of the non-reinforced top, non-ART Remoras, and I'm not a big fan. It's OK, but not my first choice unless i want something to just grab as I go out. I might like it better if I had the reinforced top ART version, but it still isn't as securely in place as a clip or paddle.
    Just send it back to Remora for a swap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links