To laser or not on defensive carry gun? - Page 3

To laser or not on defensive carry gun?

This is a discussion on To laser or not on defensive carry gun? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You might want to look at Armalaser..when you put your finger on the trigger it lights up.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: To laser or not on defensive carry gun?

You might want to look at Armalaser..when you put your finger on the trigger it lights up..

A laser sighting device will not make a competent shooter out of an incompetent one. One still has to be well grounded in marksmanship and especially trigger control basics.

In other than bright light situations, an automatic on laser (like a Crimson Trace) will make a competent shooter both faster and more accurate in defensive shooting situations that happen at distances between 3 and 11 yards.

A laser can be a usefull tool. My wife has a S&W 642 Airweight with CT laser grips. They was helpful to her to learn trigger control. IMO at 2a.m it's easier to find 1 red dot than regular or night sight's. My main reason of buying the snubby with the laser grips was for her at home.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

I like them. Only on my at home gun. My carry is pretty generic except big dot sights

With a laser you have to train with it and without it. You do not want to be dependent on one routine.

The reason I like lasers (Glock 19C & 23 both with Crimson Trace) is explained in this video:

Crimson Trace Laser Sights - The Art Of Survival - Chapter 5 - YouTube

That video is excellent.

The trouble with "get more training" is that it is very difficult to get enough formal training for what he was doing in that video economically to matter, and informally nothing he was doing would be allowed at the range I go to.

My 2 cents- seems to me like when I can get into position and see the front sight I ignore the spot because I am fixed on the front sight. When I can't get into position or see the front sight the laser is clutch. I don't see the downside to having it in the toolbox other than holster searching.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Posts are for entertainment only. I have no training, database, background, knowledge of law, skills, or conviction of belief that anything I post is safe or relevant for your situation and bear no responsibility for any actions or events related to your interpretation of any of my post(s).

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Just my humble opinion, but I try to keep things as simple as possible, and prefer training over gadgets every day of the week.
    I don't even feel the need to post after this reply. Take that as a good thing.

I purchased a NEBO PROTEC laser site for 30 bucks. Since I've never used a lazer before I thought I would get one at the price to play with. If you want a good laser, I suggest you check this one. I think it is very well made, even though I will likely not ever use it.

You will certainly see how far off your siting can be when you use a laser. I have mine sited for about 20 feet. At 10 feet I hope the red light will scare the perp enough to crap himself and set down.

Vv

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links