LCP CC options

LCP CC options

This is a discussion on LCP CC options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With 80 degree temps hanging around it's time to think about switching to my LCP for CC. I've got a great, little IWB holster for ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By WHEC724

Thread: LCP CC options

Cool LCP CC options

With 80 degree temps hanging around it's time to think about switching to my LCP for CC. I've got a great, little IWB holster for it but sometimes, during the course of the summer, I'm forced to wear a pair of slacks with the shirt tucked in. What about an ankle holster for these occasions? Any opinions & recommendations out there?
    USMC--DAV--MOPH--VVA--NRA

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Smartcarry, disappears completely and works with what you describe, sweats, shorts, etc. I use the same one for my XDM compact with a Kahr, Walther P22, Taurus TCP and S&W 642.

Fobus makes a nice one for your gun that you can see at:
    Fobus Ankle Holsters - Right Hand

I like to use my ankle holster when I am on longer trips in the car, since it is easy to reach when seated. I even use it with shorts, just popping it off when I have to stop for gas/breaks and slip the gun into my pocket. If you are right handed, you will wear the ankle holster on your left ankle. On trips, I switch it over to my right ankle to get easy access with my right hand.

Semper Fi!
    68-76
    An armed criminal will kill an unarmed victim with monotonous regularity.

When I used to have my LCP I tried pocket carry a few times but what was absent was a pocket holster. I'd get a pocket holster and go that route first as an ankle holster requires a lot more positioning for a good draw.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

VIP Member
    LCP in pocket holster, in front slacks pocket. Just keep your keys and change in the other pocket, and you'll forget it's even there.

Pocket-carry is the only reason why I bother with .380 and the LCP, but it is a near perfect pocket-carry solution.
    First Sgt and Bark'n like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    LCP in pocket holster, in front slacks pocket. Just keep your keys and change in the other pocket, and you'll forget it's even there.

Pocket-carry is the only reason why I bother with .380 and the LCP, but it is a near perfect pocket-carry solution.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YUP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get a Galco pocket holster and will be ideal for your needs. I've got one for the times I need to carry my LCP. JMO

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

When I carried an LCP, it was in a Desantis Nemesis; strong side pocket.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I carry in a g23 in a belly band all summer long. it doesn't pull your shorts down

I see the LCP as being for pocket carry only. Of course you can carry it by other means, but the pistol was designed to be so small that it could easily be slipped into a pocket and not be noticed.

If you're going to go IWB or OWB, you may as well be carrying a larger more potent pistol. As long as you have a good pocket holster you'll be ok.

I personally like rkbaholsters.com

Ankle holsters present way more problems/difficulties than pocket holsters do.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I agree, if it's on the waist, might as well be a 9mm or larger, get a pps, or I have a p99c, and believe it or not, it's lighter than the pps

+1 on desantis nemesis. Superfly prints the gun less but is much bulkier. IMO don't even try Blackhawk or Uncle Mikes. I've read great things about Mika's but it looks to be on the bulky side as well. I like nemesis the best because it has a lot of relief under the trigger guard so even in baggy shorts I can nudge it with my middle finger after I've gripped the pistol to be sure it doesn't want to come out with the gun.

/edit didn't mention any leather because I'm a little skeptical of the suede and 'horn' designs grabbing bigger pockets. And the synthetics are super slick on the inside.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

I have a wallet holster from MTR custom leather and really like it. It fits the gun and back pocket perfectly.

Links