Lc9 help

This is a discussion on Lc9 help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gents, I am looking for a good carry holster for this gun. I am a lefty, and carry my G23 owb in a Bianchi holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lc9 help

Lc9 help

Gents,

I am looking for a good carry holster for this gun. I am a lefty, and carry my G23 owb in a Bianchi holster with lock at about 10. Bianchi doesnt make a holster for this gun, so I am on the mission. Any help would be great.

2. Remove Ads

Get a Remora. No clips, no limit on which side, cant, etc they can be placed. A quick search of this forum and you will find they have no complaints, all good reviews. For my LC9 I use a Remora #4ART. They have options for ART (holster material cut lower to stay out of the way of the grip for a better draw vs better coverage of grip), Sweat Sheild (for hot climates), and Reinforced top ( for easier one-handed reholster). I have heard that the SS and RT are a little less easy to conceal.

Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster
    accessbob and ponchsox like this.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    Get a Remora. No clips, no limit on which side, cant, etc they can be placed. A quick search of this forum and you will find they have no complaints, all good reviews.

Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster
    +1 I own 3 of them (well, 2 for me and one for my wife) and I like them. Others will argue that clips or loops are necessary. I haven't seen that yet. My brother-in-law got one 4 weeks ago now for his Glock 23 and it is now his exclusive EDC holster.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Just got the same tip from these guys, so +2 on the Remora for the LC9

A lefty friend of mine has a Lc9 and wanted a outside waistband holster. He went with a Tagua and loves it. I have a Remora for my CW9 and as I type this it's what I am using. My friend just didn't like the Remora--didn't want inside the waist and he did try one that fit the LC9.

I found this holster at a Florida Gun Show. Its been absolutely perfect for pocket carry. However, I don't know where to buy it online. If anybody recognizes it, let me know. I'd love to order a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I found this holster at a Florida Gun Show. Its been absolutely perfect for pocket carry. However, I don't know where to buy it online. If anybody recognizes it, let me know. I'd love to order a spare.

Is that the LCP? I can barely fit my LC9 in my front pocket. I doubt it would fit in a back pocket.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Get a Remora and a Crossbreed Minituck. Both are great holsters, and they'll give you all the versatility you'll ever need with carrying that gun.

Kholster Little Moon
    Old Faithful IWB
    Crossbreed MiniTuck

If you did want a clipless option, the Remora type holster are good. I've a a Sticky Holster which is the same thing and it works great for my Kel-Tec PF9 which is amost identical in size as a LC9. But the Hybrids will be more comfortable since they create a shield between you and the gun. I've used the 3 holster I listed above, there in the order that I like them.

so which Remora for my LC9 with CT-LG412 laser. I dont Think the #4 size will be right anymore since the trigger guard is now longer. Anyone else use a Remora and the CT laser on the LC9?

Give Alan at Remora a call. He's a really nice guy and will suggest the perfect fitting holster for your rig. Of course, if you aren't 100% satisfied, full refund.

Distinguished Member
    I agree that you can call Alan for a confident fitting but I'm guessing it will be a 4A (the A models have extra room for laser/lights).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xpilot View Post
    so which Remora for my LC9 with CT-LG412 laser. I dont Think the #4 size will be right anymore since the trigger guard is now longer. Anyone else use a Remora and the CT laser on the LC9?
    According to the fit chart on Remora's website the #4 is good for an LC9 up to 6" in length. So just measure the gun with it on.

Considering a Remora myself, but might I ask a rather personal question regarding iwb carry? What do you all do when visiting a restroom? WITH THE HOLSTER, for all you funny guys! ;)

I know I can put mine in my bag, but hubby and son will need tips. :D
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by eeeZnow View Post
    Considering a Remora myself, but might I ask a rather personal question? What do you all do when visiting a restroom? WITH THE HOLSTER, for all you funny guys! ;)

I know I can put mine in my bag, but hubby and son will need tips. :D
    Most of the time, not an issue....thanks to us being guys :) when it's unavoidable on top of the TP roll. sometimes with a liner in a scummy bathroom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links