Best way to carry with NO belt

This is a discussion on Best way to carry with NO belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I were going "belt-less" carry it would be with a TactiPac, the reason is it fits, feels and performs just like a standard IWB ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best way to carry with NO belt

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    If I were going "belt-less" carry it would be with a TactiPac, the reason is it fits, feels and performs just like a standard IWB does.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    +1 on Remora. Several options available too. Either reinforced top for easy reholstering, non reinforced top for minimal thickness, ART for lower cut so you can get a better master grip (you can combine so ART RFT if you wish) and you can add the optional tuckable option for $12.50 more. There is also a sweatshield option as well and there is an ankle, thigh version you can get.
    RichB70 likes this.
    EDC - Ruger P90, SCCY CPX2, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I carry my LCR 38sp+p in a remora with sweat pants and it holds fine. I also have a Desantis iwb with clip that is also OK clip is really tight and hard on my 71 year old fingers.
    I also have an sp-101 357 and have less confidence in the remora but really have not given it a fair chance. Went to the movies last night and carried LCR in Desantis pocket holster worked OK.

Rich

Remora, Remora , Remora. Stays put with my gym shorts with my Kahr CM9. Great for all around informal carry, as in store run on the evening with shorts and a t-shirt.

I carry my LCR .357 in draw string shorts with a High Noon bare asset just fine. I just tie off the string and I'm good to go. I don't run around with it but it works better than having the LCR in my pocket where it bashes against my knee with every step.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB70 View Post
    I carry my LCR 38sp+p in a remora with sweat pants and it holds fine. I also have a Desantis iwb with clip that is also OK clip is really tight and hard on my 71 year old fingers.
    I also have an sp-101 357 and have less confidence in the remora but really have not given it a fair chance. Went to the movies last night and carried LCR in Desantis pocket holster worked OK.

Rich
    Im VERY warry of this holster just because I guess I dont get how it works and I dont want to have to cinch the pants so tight they are uncomfortable lol...thats why im wearing the sweats/wind/athletic pants in the first place...How "tight" do you need to cinch them up.

I really like the Tactipac but its quite expensive..I was trying to keep it under $50(thinking birthday present).

So far im leaning the Smart carry way but wonder if it would bulge and look bad under sweats/athletic pants.

I wonder how odd it would look if you were walking/jogging with a bag over your hand? Pistol in hand, finger off trigger, have someone help you slide a simple brown paper sack over it and secure with a rubber band. You could re-use the bags as long as you don't have to shoot. Maybe put a bag on the other hand too, just to keep them guessing or maybe you just got your nails done.

(note to self, call patent office)

No draw required, hell you wouldn't even have to remove the bag if you needed it, hell it would even catch your ejected brass. Would be great trigger finger discipline practice, may also be a good workout for your arm. Don't worry about the running with gun horror stories you always hear about that stuff only happens in cartoons.

I wouldn't be comfortable with some of the other options listed, although I"m not comfortable with running either, quite evident if you saw me (Oh come on, I'm not that big, but I could lose 20 or so). I have gone for walks with my normal EDC CBST set-up but that includes a belt.

I occaisionally resemble my username and post this kinda crap when I have nothing better post. Some will flame me for not being helpful or serious but hopefully someone gets a chuckle out of it. Lord knows we need a little chuckle now and then.

Disclaimer: If I see some dude jogging down the street with paper bags on his hands I'm gonna be ticked! Don't attempt the carry method I described, it is for trained professionals and people with a death wish only.

Why so serious?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

About the Tactipac-----wouldn't it pull up when you draw since it's just an elastic waist band?

Google "Kangaroo Carry"

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    Im VERY warry of this holster just because I guess I dont get how it works and I dont want to have to cinch the pants so tight they are uncomfortable lol...thats why im wearing the sweats/wind/athletic pants in the first place...How "tight" do you need to cinch them up.

I really like the Tactipac but its quite expensive..I was trying to keep it under $50(thinking birthday present).

So far im leaning the Smart carry way but wonder if it would bulge and look bad under sweats/athletic pants.
    Fitted sweats the remora will hold fine
    Forget what your using it for but for walking no brainer. Running then I would want something more secure with sweats no belt JME

Ultimate Retention Demo: Remora Holster (with Ruger SR9c) - YouTube

+1 on the belly band. We have 2 in the house.

While I am a big Remora fan, they don't work so good with loose fitting pants.

I suggest you look into a 3-Speed Holster. That is what I bought for the same reason as you. With my 3-Speed, Remora and White Hat, I am covered for just about any carry need.

Vv

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I have carried wearing nylon sweatpants before using my Crossbreed SuperTuck holstering a SR9c. People may laugh, but all I do is wear a belt over the sweatpants and wear the holster IWB and clip it to the belt as usual. Now, I wouldn't wear it like this all day but if you wanted to wear it for an hour or so while walking, I think it works just fine.

Man Purse. If you can't handle a fanny pack; get a MURSE.

VIP Member
    I have a sideguard double clip IWB holster for my S&W 442 in shorts works well for me.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links