Best way to carry with NO belt

This is a discussion on Best way to carry with NO belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I have started walking a few miles every night. When we walk(well at least me) I wear wind/sweat/athletic pants. These have no ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best way to carry with NO belt

Best way to carry with NO belt

My wife and I have started walking a few miles every night. When we walk(well at least me) I wear wind/sweat/athletic pants. These have no belt but id like to be able to carry either my Ruger SR9c, or me Taurus CH85. The gun is too heavy for the flimsy elastic waistband. And I dont want to do a fannypack or anything like that...Ive been thinking smart carry would be a good option...other than a smart carry type holster is there anything else I should be looking at...I had thought about going with a smaller and lighter .380 but to be honest I dont want to spend $$ on a new gun im saving up for a M1 Garand and the 2 I have for CC(listed above) are a better round anyways(as far as the 158 grain .38 or 124 grain Gold Dot being better than a .380 for SD)

but if you have anything else i should look at let me know...We live in a nice enough neighborhood im actually more worried about a stray dog than a person :) but id like to carry all the same just in case.

2. Remove Ads

Pistol Wear..................I like it.

Remora.

Several threads about them here... check 'em out.
    Cook74 likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

I wear my full size XDm .40 in a Remora with athletic type pants. I just cinch up the drawstring and it rides just fine.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Just buy the Garand you want and sling it over your shoulder on your walks. In addition to a better workout with the extra weight, nobody, but nobody, will want to mess with you.

Are you going to get your Garand from CMP? I bought mine from them and in my case it was better than the advertised grade. I love shooting it!

Rifle Sales - M1 Garand
    An armed criminal will kill an unarmed victim with monotonous regularity.

+1 for the Remora. I did my lawn and cleaned my hottub last weekend in athletic shorts and my LC9 in a Remora. It stayed in place all day. By the way, although the Remora stays in place with a firm waistband, when wearing loose fitting clothes place the Remora directly against the skin on your hip and it will not move until you remove it.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

I carry my G19 in a Uncle Mike's inside the pant holster, in my sweats, when I walk my dog. Keep them tied tight and it will work just fine

If you INSIST on sweat pants/beltless carry, and want a decent primary carry gun, then you will need to look at ankle holsters and shoulder holsters. For an ankle rig, my preference has been Renegade for many years. For a shoulder rig, Galco makes good ones, as do Alessi, Andrews and Ritchie Leather. Unsolicited advice: Dress to the gun, don't gun to the dress.

just an FYI I love my belly band; there is so many different ways to wear it
    Last edited by barstoolguru; March 22nd, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    marcclarke likes this.

There is a fanny pack style carrier for your purpose
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

Strong side front pocket would be my suggestion.... Hand on the grip if things look a little strange; hand off the grip if it turns out to be nothing...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

sgb
    The FusionPac by TactiPac may fit your need

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Fist system their #1 has a clip that doesn't require a belt.

Remora..

It's been said before, but they're just awesome.

I've wore my M&P9 Full Size around my house wearing only a pair of sweats under my bath robe and it held just fine.

And they're soooo cheap. I'm afraid he's going to raise prices.
    accessbob likes this.
    ...because you never know when the king of England might come looking for back taxes.

- Richard L. Johnson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links