New SHTF Gear ACE Holster!

New SHTF Gear ACE Holster!

This is a discussion on New SHTF Gear ACE Holster! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, so I've been wearing my new ACE Holster by SHTF Gear for about 3-4 weeks now, and I must say it is a remarkably ...

Thread: New SHTF Gear ACE Holster!

Thumbs up New SHTF Gear ACE Holster!

Okay, so I've been wearing my new ACE Holster by SHTF Gear for about 3-4 weeks now, and I must say it is a remarkably comfortable and secure holster. I got this holster as a gift just after getting my M&P 9 (full size) and I must say, I'm loving this holster.

It's a hybrid holster which means it's made of both leather and kydex. I've never had a hybrid before and not sure what I was going to think of it.

Well, I will say that after close to a month, it is without a doubt, one of my most comfortable and secure holsters.

Due to prior bad experiences with cheap metal clips on holsters and mag carriers I've always kind of stayed away from them. However, with this being an inside the waistband holster, and as wide as the leather platform is, there is no way the holster is coming off your belt, or off your body when you draw the gun.

It conforms nicely to the shape of your body and absolutely stays in place with no fear of losing it. Also, because it has such a broad base, it really distributes the weight of the gun which lends to its comfortable feeling and you hardly know you have a gun on. I've worn my M&P for 12-16 hours on some days and don't find myself having to readjust anything.

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I had a little mishap and fell landing on my right side. Right on top of my gun. No damage to the gun, or holster whatsoever. I was surprised it didn't crack the kydex or damage it in some other way, but I brushed the dirt off of it and it looks good as new. The gun stayed solidly secure inside the holster as well. Just like it's supposed to. I would say, after that spill, if you were involved in some sort of scuffle, you need not worry about your gun popping out or the holster breaking.

As there's no retention strap, I think only a direct gun grab from a bad guy would be the only way you'd lose the gun.

Mine also came with a set of leather straps you can use to replace the metal clips which also gives the holster a tuckable feature. I've used the leather straps about half the time and it works well as a tuckable holster. I don't tuck my shirts in very often, but tried it out several times on a few trips to the city and no one noticed at all. To my knowledge.

All in all, I think it's an excellent holster and I plan on using it for years to come.

SHTF Gear Tell 'em Bark'n sent ya! They offer discounts for NRA, Law Enforcement and Military members.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Excellent review. Thanks for posting.
    NRA Life Member

pic pic pic pictures please

Sponsored Links