IWB Leather Holster Choices...help me choose

This is a discussion on IWB Leather Holster Choices...help me choose within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm paralyzed now.... Here are the IWB choices I have come down to. I'm going for IWB since I have not found or see a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: IWB Leather Holster Choices...help me choose

IWB Leather Holster Choices...help me choose

I'm paralyzed now....

Here are the IWB choices I have come down to. I'm going for IWB since I have not found or see a OWB that conceals as well without going to an extreme high-ride, and the P2000 is too heavy for that. I prefer leather (cowhide, in this case) so definitely do not want kydex. Gun in question is a HK P2000 .357 Sig.

1. HBE Leatherworks COM3- long wait but I hear decent things about it.
    2. Garrity's Incognito or Triskel- really long/unpredictable wait but I hear good things about these, especially with the suede backing.
    3. TT Gunleather- hear mostly good stuff
    4. Milt Sparks VMII- hear good stuff but is bulky (yes, I have compared it to a Max Con V, for example) and the gun rides higher than the rest. That may be a comfort issue, yeah?
    5. Brommeland Max Con V- nice and thin but a heavy cant- is that a negative with a heavyish gun?

Give me some pros and cons on these or your preference, and why. I'm 6' tall and 180 lbs... I have a size 33 waist and slightly bony hips. I currently use a Rusty Sherrick Horsehide IWB with a Kahr CW9 but is is more like a Summer Special and I want something slimmer. The loops on top of a reinforced mouth- makes it slightly bulky. I assume a wide-loop holster will be more comfy as well.

I generally wear jeans on my hips and leave my t-shirt or shirt untucked. I wear lean-cut clothes so concealability is a concern. I can sometimes wear looser shirts if I have to but would prefer not to since that may tip off some people I know. In my social circle, I am the only one who carries.

Yes, I have searched and searched for a week or more but thought I'd ask what you guys think. I need to order something soon. Thanks in advance!!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandne View Post
    I'm paralyzed now....

Here are the IWB choices I have come down to. I'm going for IWB since I have not found or see a OWB that conceals as well without going to an extreme high-ride, and the P2000 is too heavy for that. I prefer leather (cowhide, in this case) so definitely do not want kydex. Gun in question is a HK P2000 .357 Sig.

1. HBE Leatherworks COM3- long wait but I hear decent things about it.
    2. Garrity's Incognito or Triskel- really long/unpredictable wait but I hear good things about these, especially with the suede backing.
    3. TT Gunleather- hear mostly good stuff
    4. Milt Sparks VMII- hear good stuff but is bulky (yes, I have compared it to a Max Con V, for example) and the gun rides higher than the rest. That may be a comfort issue, yeah?
    5. Brommeland Max Con V- nice and thin but a heavy cant- is that a negative with a heavyish gun?

Give me some pros and cons on these or your preference, and why. I'm 6' tall and 180 lbs... I have a size 33 waist and slightly bony hips. I currently use a Rusty Sherrick Horsehide IWB with a Kahr CW9 but is is more like a Summer Special and I want something slimmer. The loops on top of a reinforced mouth- makes it slightly bulky. I assume a wide-loop holster will be more comfy as well.

I generally wear jeans on my hips and leave my t-shirt or shirt untucked. I wear lean-cut clothes so concealability is a concern. I can sometimes wear looser shirts if I have to but would prefer not to since that may tip off some people I know. In my social circle, I am the only one who carries.

Yes, I have searched and searched for a week or more but thought I'd ask what you guys think. I need to order something soon. Thanks in advance!!
    My Max-Con V's forward cant is an asset and makes for a very fast pull. I have carried a Kimber Ultra-Carry II, a Kahr PM9, a Glock 17 and a Glock 19 in that particular model, both strong and weak side, and have nothing but good things to say about the holster.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Thanks for that, Mike. Since it is so different, I was hoping to find people who use it and had feedback.

Had the Versa MaxII for a Sig P239...way too thick and rode too high for me!

Using a Comptac M-tac IWB right now, for a G26....excellent comfort!

Have a TT Gunleather "Mike's Special" on order right now....will report back in a month or two!

I usually spend hundreds of dollars for holsters, for each new weapon I get....good luck!!!!

I have tried a Rosen and Ritchie for my Glocks. I also tried some Galcos and Bianchis...did not like them. I currently have two Sherricks for my Kahr. Sherrick builds good stuff but I want a cowhide wide-loop design now. The horsehide is nice but a bit stiff for IWB and takes months to break in. I am trying to at least narrow it down and may get two and eventually sell the one I prefer less. I'll slowly narrow that list above down and probably order the top two. I can't get all five though. :)

sgb
    I carry a 3lb 1911 and my iwb of choice has been the MS VM II, I liked the first one so much I bought a 2nd for my railed 1911 and made my own holster for a 3" 1911 after it.

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Sparks VMII. All day long.

Cool

I carry a Glock 23 and Glock 36 in a High Noon Public Secret.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpgImage 3.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

High Noon Holsters

Slide guard, sight track, re-enforced holster mouth with clip or straps.

A quality belt made for handgun carry is a must for carry and comfort.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    I have a Desantis Cozy Partner for my M&P 9c
    It works great, can tuck a shirt in and its real hard to tell if I have anything on,,,,,

Cozy Partner® — DeSantis Holster
    Attached Images
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    High noon. Deep cover
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Sound like you want a OWB?? Look at the Regulator. If you want an Iwb he makes good ones also. Good prices.
    UBG Holsters

I carry my H&K P2000 and P2000sk in either a T&T Gunleather or H.B.E. Like many have said the VMII caries a little high. The T&T IMO is more comfortable, sits lower on waist and has a better cant than the VMII. Down side is that when I ordered my first one 18 months ago there was a 4 week wait, my last one took 18 weeks but worth it.

The H.B.E. is what I call a minimalist holster; very simple with no reinforced top BUT it keeps the handgun very close to the body and conceals well. I am not so much concerned about re-holstering.

I usually get a Don Hume IWB $29, leather, reinforced top, and heavy "C" clamp to hold me over waiting for a custom job.

Great info...am researching all these options. Getting a stopgap and inexpensive Don Hume is a great idea!

G26 holster1.jpg

Milt Sparks VM hands down

Looking for a Sparks VM II Many good things said about them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links