Concealed vs comfort?

Concealed vs comfort?

This is a discussion on Concealed vs comfort? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Sig P238 and would like to find a comfortable IWB holster for it. I know it can be concealed easily IWB but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Concealed vs comfort?

Concealed vs comfort?

I have a Sig P238 and would like to find a comfortable IWB holster for it. I know it can be concealed easily IWB but im wondering if since the Sig P238 is so small, do I need an IWB with dual clips or will something like the Woolfe Bite holster be enough to secure it comfortably IWB. I drive about 4-5 hours a day so comfort is important to me while in the car.

JD
    Administrator
    A single mounting point should be plenty provided it rides stable. I used this IWB from Desibens Gun Leather and was quite happy with it: Desibens Gun Leather: #4 IWB for Sig P238

Although I do have a couple single clip holsters, and 1 no clip holster the double clips always give you the most comfort. Hybrids are also the way to go when made for your gun. Leather can be comfortable, but Hybrids give you a real barrier between you and the gun. Leather has a barrier but the feel of the gun against your side is much more pronounced with them compared to Hybrids.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Hybrids are also the way to go when made for your gun. Leather can be comfortable, but Hybrids give you a real barrier between you and the gun. Leather has a barrier but the feel of the gun against your side is much more pronounced with them compared to Hybrids.
    That's a matter of personal preference, I find that the hybirds have a larger "foot print" against my body and I find that more irritating.

Your mileage may vary.

VIP Member
    The Brommeland Max-Con V is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I really like the leather holsters more than kydex. I have a CBST for my XD40sc and it is not very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The Brommeland Max-Con V is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    I dont see this holster available for the Sig P238 on thier website. I will give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I don't know anything about their holsters but I seriously like the background music he used in the video!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake View Post
    I dont see this holster available for the Sig P238 on thier website. I will give them a call.
    Sorry I didn't look closer, but by all means, give him a shout.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Small gun should have small holster. I carry a G27 in a Ubg holster.Barely notice I have it on.

JD and claude clay like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I don't know anything about their holsters but I seriously like the background music he used in the video!
    Glad you like the tune. Farm, the band - The Cave
    The song is "The Middle".
    William T. Sherman

check out Don Humes IWB leather holsters. I have one for my G26 & it has a single metal clip & it holds secure & is very low peofile

My recommendation is the Remora.

There are plenty of good reviews on there around the internet and on almost every gun forum.

Here is what I love about them.

1.) With a clip on hoster all the weight is resting on the clip, and subsequently, on your pants. The Remora is a "no clip" hoster so the weight of your gun is equally spread along the entire surface of the holster. So half of the weight is pressed againt your leg and not on your belt. Point being.. it doesn't pull down on your pants like a clip on holster does.

2.) It's versatile: I move mine around all day long. My primary place is 3:30. But I pull it out and tuck it under my right thigh when I drive. When I hop in the store for a quick whatever, I put it apendix. When I use the public facilities I tuck it under my arm pit so it doesn't pull down my pants, or bounce around on the ground telling everyone that you've got a gun on you. You can't do all that with a traditional holster.

3.) They're dirt cheap. They're like $29.00. You almost have to buy one just because of the price.
    ptco911 likes this.
    ...because you never know when the king of England might come looking for back taxes.

- Richard L. Johnson

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepoll View Post
    I can second that.

1.) With a clip on hoster all the weight is resting on the clip, and subsequently, on your pants. The Remora is a "no clip" hoster so the weight of your gun is equally spread along the entire surface of the holster. So half of the weight is pressed againt your leg and not on your belt. Point being.. it doesn't pull down on your pants like a clip on holster does.
    For me, it actually helps hold UP my pants.
    ptco911 likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zepoll View Post

There are plenty of good reviews on there around the internet and on almost every gun forum.

Here is what I love about them.

2.) It's versatile: I move mine around all day long. My primary place is 3:30. But I pull it out and tuck it under my right thigh when I drive. When I hop in the store for a quick whatever, I put it apendix. When I use the public facilities I tuck it under my arm pit so it doesn't pull down my pants, or bounce around on the ground telling everyone that you've got a gun on you. You can't do all that with a traditional holster.

3.) They're dirt cheap. They're like $29.00. You almost have to buy one just because of the price.
    To me the Remora is good. It's comfortable. But adds alittle bulk. I'ts pretty secure. But the UBG Becker feels more comfortable. Balanced very well but cost alot more than the Remora. I have a couple Remoras. I only like the reinforced one no Sweat shield. I wear a tee shirt inbetween anyway. The grip on the holster I don't like on my skin. And the shield creates more bulk to me. But still a nice holster for the price point. They even sell them wilth clips now. Nice thing about the Remora you can carry in any position. I usually use mine for quick trips to the store when I have sweats one. Holds real well. For all day I use the UBG. I have hybids also but guns to small for those. IMO why carry a small gun and have a large holster?? The bulk in the Remora is more in the width. The UBG is really thin and the clip area is really think. With a Glock you notice. With the Sig P238 it may feel weird?? Dunno but will my Colt Mustang you can't feel that it's there with the Remora but it doesn't feel tight enough in my pants not to wear a belt. To small .I prefer to use a clip holster. High noon Mr softey works really well. $30 good holster.
    JMO/JME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links