Desantis Sof-tuck for LCR/J-frame good and bad

This is a discussion on Desantis Sof-tuck for LCR/J-frame good and bad within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my Desantis Sof-tuck for a week, and it's going in the drawer. Very well made for the money, and I really like the ...

Thread: Desantis Sof-tuck for LCR/J-frame good and bad

I've had my Desantis Sof-tuck for a week, and it's going in the drawer. Very well made for the money, and I really like the clip, size, and tuckability. Concealment is excellent. Unfortunately, it has no retention whatsoever, and as high as it rides I fear the gun falling out. Have tried it with both my LCR and my Smith 38-3 and it won't retain either. At all.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

Any chance it might need broken a while,maybe for one gun than the other? I've been using one with a PF9 ,and it holds the gun pretty well.I know what you mean about riding high,as I was worried about it falling out.Most times I forget it's there,and everything's staying put.Try giving another chance with a dedicated gun.

It's very tight on the LCR, so I relegated it to the J-frame after having it for a couple of days. I carried it for several days with the Smith, and left the gun in it at night. Retention did not improve. If you rotate more than a few degrees past horizontal, the gun falls out. I may try hand-boning it, but the reinforced mouth doesn't leave much to fit to the gun.

The high ride is a trade off. Doesn't conceal as well as a deeper carry, but offers an easy full grip on the draw.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

While I like most of my Desantis holsters the Sof Tuck doesn't suit my needs. But for $15 what did I expect.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Sponsored Links